Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Bumble & Bumble products

I just read the post below about curly haired girls and getting the curls under control.  As you can see in my siggy pic, DD has a lot of very curly hair.  I'm dying for something to keep it under control.  She's bi-racial and her hair is thick and somewhat course.  It looks perfect after it's been washed and combed but once she sleeps on it it's a fizzy, baby fro mess.

So, are these products really that good?  I have never used them.  I think I saw them at Target once.  Does anyone know if I can find them there?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Bumble & Bumble products

• Options

My husband and I are both Hispanic but we both have straight hair.  Our daughter came out with really curly hair - one of my sisters had curly hair like that.  It's very thin and curly but when I brush it out it gets poofy and frizzy - I didn't realize they have Bumble and Bumble at Target so I just bought the Johnson and Johnson - no no more tangles shampoo for curly hair, and the leave in conditioner.

I'll let you know how it goes when I bathe her tonight.

• Options

FloF9 - I've actually been using J&J no more tangles shampoo + conditioner for curly hair then using the leave in conditioner after bath.  It worked when she had less hair but it's not helping anymore. 

I did have her hair trimmed in August and that helped with tangles but not with the frizzies :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I doubt that they have B&B at Target. They are pretty pricey and kind of selective about the salons that carry them. Unless they've changed their policy recently.
    Annelise 3.22.2007 Norah 10.24.2009 Amelia 8.7.2011
  • Options
    I just checked Target's website and they do carry the products.  I'm sure I saw them at my local store.  Any recs on which product I should try?

• Options

Maya - oh so you already tried it!  :-( 

Well if J&J doesn't do the job, I'll be asking you about the Bumble product then!

P. S - you're daughter is beautiful - God Bless her!

• Options

I admit, I ran out and bought the B&B product (Curl Conscious Curl Creme - I paid $27 I think) the day I saw the original post on the Parenting board. My DD's hair gets really tangled, almost matted after her naps and in the morning. I have so far been really happy with it, it makes her hair look like it did this summer on really humid days instead of a huge frizzball mess! I wish I had known they carried it at Target, I went to a salon and they were really trying to pressure me to buy the shampoo and conditioner too, but for us the Creme has done the trick. It doesn't leave her hair feeling crunchy or looking greasy which I was worried about. The original post recommended a Tonic spray as well, but so far the creme has done the trick. After her naps it still tangles, but if I comb it out wiht a wet comb and then put a tiny bit of product in it looks perfect again. Hope this helps!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Wow, I'm stunned that B&B is at Target. I buy B&B for my hair. and it's expensive stuff. My shampoo alone is $50 a bottle. I love their stuff though. I have pin straight hair though and use their thickener........
    image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Options
    It doesn't look like they are any cheaper at Target. I don't think I've ever seen them in store around here. I wonder if they even carry the whole line?
    Annelise 3.22.2007 Norah 10.24.2009 Amelia 8.7.2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"