Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

CD Daily Check in

Have we done one yet?

I will be going out of town on Friday and Saturday this week. This will be my first overnight away from home while CDing. Hope it all goes well!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: CD Daily Check in

• Options
    Good luck! We don't plan to CD away from the home (well he will be CD at day care, but not on trips or anything)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We CD everywhere, but thats just cause I refuse to pay for disposies. He had a big ol' solid poop in his CD today and then reached down (as he's been doing today) and got his hand all in it. I guess that would happen CD or not Embarrassed.

We're waiting for our Bummis Swim to come in the mail, along with the Bummis SuperLite (not superbrite) diaper cover to try some new types. Yay!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haven't tried any kind of Bummis yet. Let me know how you like them.
  • Options
    When I went away with L in February for 2 weeks I didn't CD because doing laundry every other day was not going to be an option with our schedule.  It was strange to use sposies!
    image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We CD every where also. I actually find them easier in public and away than sposies.And I just love when people ask about them,then look at me like I am crazy.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

imageCopperT0p:
    When I went away with L in February for 2 weeks I didn't CD because doing laundry every other day was not going to be an option with our schedule.  It was strange to use sposies!

We went camping this past week and took sposies. I was strange to use them. 

• Options
    imagekirky05:
    I am going to be receiving my first prefolds within the next couple days. What kind of folds do you all like? Which seem to work the best? Thanks!
    GL Kirky! I don't think I'm adventerous enough for that! I'm sticking to pockets & AIO
  • Options

I have heard that Green Mountain prefolds are really good but I personally have not used them though I want to try.

Gerber is awful though. We use those for burp cloths. 

• Options
    imagekirky05:

imageJKat876:
    imagekirky05:
    I am going to be receiving my first prefolds within the next couple days. What kind of folds do you all like? Which seem to work the best? Thanks!
    GL Kirky! I don't think I'm adventerous enough for that! I'm sticking to pockets & AIO

I love my pockets, but if I buy any more it's going to be way too expensive. I already have 2 more BG's on the way, but in order to get what I want out of CD'ing, I want to mix it up with prefolds too. I hope it works out!!

I know-I'm hunting for good deals! For day care/DH's sake I'm sticking to pockets and AIO because it will be easier on them
  • Options

imagekirky05:

Bikini twist and angel wing. Youtube videos and watch and practice. I'd keep a diaper on her while you practice though...

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • Options
    imageLoisLane23:

imagekirky05:

I sometimes just fold them in thirds and lay them in the cover, but I only do this when I DD isn't due for a poop. If she poops in this fold, you'll have a poosplosion inside your cover. It's never leaked out of the cover, but I tend to reuse my covers with more than 1 diaper change.

I usually just do the fold to the middle and wrap around her waist and use a snappi.

This is what we did usually too. The bikini twist also worked for us.

• Options
    I am not loving CDing, and I don't really care for my BG 4.0s...and I have like 6 of them. Oh well.
  • Options
    imagekirky05:

imageKara5109:
    I am not loving CDing, and I don't really care for my BG 4.0s...and I have like 6 of them. Oh well.

:( I'm sorry! Why aren't you liking it? 

Mainly because of the bulkiness and poop. I feel like she looks silly with pants on now. We also spent way too much.for what we have, and I need more.
  • Options
    imageKara5109:
    imagekirky05:

imageKara5109:

Mainly because of the bulkiness and poop. I feel like she looks silly with pants on now. We also spent way too much.for what we have, and I need more.
    I don't really see myself enjoying CD but I will do it because of the fact that it will save me money.

Kara I'm sorry you aren't liking it. I think pockets are super bulky too, but DH isn't into trying out prefolds at all and pockets are cheaper than AIO.

• Options

I just wanted to AW for a minute.  These are a couple wipes that I made and I thought I'd show them off.  I thought the print was perfect for cleaning up my dirty lil piggie :)

• Options
    imagecandyk12:

I just wanted to AW for a minute.  These are a couple wipes that I made and I thought I'd show them off.  I thought the print was perfect for cleaning up my dirty lil piggie :)

Very cute! What kind of diaper is your DD wearing in your siggie pic?
  • Options
    We've been CD'ing since LO was born, but was using sposies at night. We JUST started using CD's at night and thanks to some hemp doublers, we are doing great (no leaks yet!). I'm so glad to finally be through with sposies. We are traveling for 4 days in April and I'm considering using sposies then for convenience (we are flying to visit family). I am not sure what we are going to do yet.
    image image
  • Options
    imageLB1988:

We CD everywhere, but thats just cause I refuse to pay for disposies. He had a big ol' solid poop in his CD today and then reached down (as he's been doing today) and got his hand all in it. I guess that would happen CD or not Embarrassed.

We're waiting for our Bummis Swim to come in the mail, along with the Bummis SuperLite (not superbrite) diaper cover to try some new types. Yay!

He did this while you were changing him? If not I would suggest diaper shirts to avoid that.

imageimage    
    imageimage
  • Options
    imagekirky05:
    imageKara5109:
    imagekirky05:

imageKara5109:

I agree that pockets can get so expensive for the amount that you get (we have only about a day's worth right now). That's why I'm going the prefold route now! I'm sorry it isn't working out for you. Maybe you can do it when you're home and not going anywhere? That's what we're doing right now, just slowly transitioning to it!

I'm a SAHM so we haven't tried it outside the house yet. I guess I just don't understand how these diapers aren't going to stain if they sit for 1-2 in a wet bag. I'm going to be upset if my brand new diapers are stained.
  • Options
    imagecandyk12:

Those are adorable! Good job! 

DSC_0330editedimage
    The two men in my life. Oh, and I have a husband too...
  • Options
    imageJKat876:
    imageKara5109:
    imagekirky05:

imageKara5109:

I don't really see myself enjoying CD but I will do it because of the fact that it will save me money.

Kara I'm sorry you aren't liking it. I think pockets are super bulky too, but DH isn't into trying out prefolds at all and pockets are cheaper than AIO.

Yeah, I'm just going to stick with it now because of how much we have spent and that I know it will save us money. I bought 1 AIO and don't think I will be using it and I don't think I would want to deal with prefolds.
  • Options

imageKara5109:

I don't enjoy the cleaning the poopy diapers every other day. I do enjoy looking for new types to try and the cute prints.

CD's ended up being a last resort for me. I liked the idea while I was pregnant with K, but DH's friends threw him a diaper party. So I used disposables the first 2 months of her life. She was sensitive to EVERY brand, big bad rashes. She never sat in it either, I changed her as soon as she is wet. So I switched to CD's and we haven't had a rash breakout since.

imageimage    
    imageimage
  • Options
    imageKara5109:
    imageJKat876:
    imageKara5109:
    imagekirky05:

imageKara5109:

Yeah, I'm just going to stick with it now because of how much we have spent and that I know it will save us money. I bought 1 AIO and don't think I will be using it and I don't think I would want to deal with prefolds.
    What AIO did you get? What don't you like about it?

DH won't even consider prefolds/fitteds.  Are you open to using used diapers? There are lots of places online you can buy used for a discount

• Options
    Kara- eventually most diapers will get poop stains. The best thing you can do is hang them in the sun to dry once in a while.The sun naturally bleaches the stains out.It works great!!
  • Options
    I have a question about prefolds. This is mostly what I have. What covers do you use? Do you buy special covers (Bummis, Thirsties) or do you put the prefold inside of BG or other diapers that you have?
  • Options

imageLoisLane23:

I don't have problems with stains in mine, although stains=/= dirty. Try laying them in the sun after you wash if you're worried. The sun has magical bleaching powers.

That would require us to have some sun!! :)

R hasn't pooped in his CD yet so no stains right now...soon enough though!

• Options
    imageLoisLane23:

imageamwallace:
    I have a question about prefolds. This is mostly what I have. What covers do you use? Do you buy special covers (Bummis, Thirsties) or do you put the prefold inside of BG or other diapers that you have?

I use Thirsties covers, although ULuv just forced me to buy 2 MonkeySnuggles when she posted that link the other day. I really like my thirsties covers. You can use prefolds inside a pocket or AIO diaper like a BG if you need extra absorbancy. The BG is great on its own too though since it has inserts that come with it.

Sorry.I love MS everything. Her wipes are the best! And the fitteds are great.
  • Options
    imageJKat876:
    imageKara5109:
    imageJKat876:
    imageKara5109:
    imagekirky05:

imageKara5109:

What AIO did you get? What don't you like about it?

DH won't even consider prefolds/fitteds.  Are you open to using used diapers? There are lots of places online you can buy used for a discount

The AIO is a BG 4.0, it leaked at night and the inside bunched up a lot. Hadley is pretty skinny. I will try it again during the day. I am open to used but DH thinks its gross....he doesn't change any diapers though. He is the one that pays for them though. I apologize for lack of paragraphs, I'm on my phone.
  • Options
    imageLoisLane23:
    imageJKat876:

imageLoisLane23:

I don't have problems with stains in mine, although stains=/= dirty. Try laying them in the sun after you wash if you're worried. The sun has magical bleaching powers.

Eh, a few of mine have started to stain. Sometimes I do a shorter wash/dry cycle if I need them so then I tend to have a little staining. But let's be honest, who looks at the inside of a pocket diaper to the liner to see if it's stained or not? I got over the staining issue pretty quickly.

Yea I'm not too concerned with stains, and lucky for me I have a boy so I don't get too tempted by adorable freaking patterns.
  • Options
    imageuluvfranke:
    Kara- eventually most diapers will get poop stains. The best thing you can do is hang them in the sun to dry once in a while.The sun naturally bleaches the stains out.It works great!!
    I live in an apartment and have nothing to hang them from. Can they just sit in the sun? How long do they need to be in the sun?
  • Options

imageKara5109:

The AIO is a BG 4.0, it leaked at night and the inside bunched up a lot. Hadley is pretty skinny. I will try it again during the day. I am open to used but DH thinks its gross....he doesn't change any diapers though. He is the one that pays for them though. I apologize for lack of paragraphs, I'm on my phone.

Some used ones are from trials (like jillians drawers) so they are barely used if at all.

We are sticking to CD's made for overnights at night time (like my kawaii overnight) and I'm going to stick a hemp insert in there to really prevent leaks. When it's overnight I need all the protection I can get and I don't think AIO will give it to me.

• Options
    imageKara5109:
    imagekirky05:

imageKara5109:

When I first started CDing when she finally fit in them at a month old, I hated how silly she looked in pants with the FB OS.  I was using sposies when we were out for a while, because I didn't like it.  I got used to it and now I CD everywhere we go and have for the last 3 months.  I even have cloth wipes now.  You will get used to it.  It really isn't a big deal, because honestly, who cares if your kids butt looks big?  If someone says something, which I doubt, just say it is because she has a cute fluffy butt from CD.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageJKat876:
    imagecandyk12:

Very cute! What kind of diaper is your DD wearing in your siggie pic?

Thank you.  She's wearing a fitted from etsy seller NorthernMom. She's from up here in Canada.

• Options
    I think the fitted world would be dangerous for me. I don't want to get sucked in. I almost bought a used Monkey Snuggles and backed out. I'm glad I did. I'll stick with my Best Bottoms and Kawaiis (and some BGs, Thirsties and a HH) thank you very much, haha!
    DSC_0330editedimage
  • Options

imageuluvfranke:

This.  My inserts are sort of stained.  I can't wait until we have sun here!

• Options
    imageLoisLane23:
    imageJKat876:

imageLoisLane23:

Eh, a few of mine have started to stain. Sometimes I do a shorter wash/dry cycle if I need them so then I tend to have a little staining. But let's be honest, who looks at the inside of a pocket diaper to the liner to see if it's stained or not? I got over the staining issue pretty quickly.

This is how I feel.  At first I was like "OMG they're stained!" and DH said, they're diapers and they get pooped on, who cares, if they are clean?"  Now I don't care.  As soon as the sun comes, they'll come out anyway.

• Options
    Oh I have another question. If I get 1 fitted diaper and let him wear just that (no cover) for a little bit, will that help his booty air out a bit, or no? He gets almost 0 time without a diaper on because the boy has distance when he pees and gets EVERYTHING.
  • Options

imageKara5109:
    imageuluvfranke:
    I live in an apartment and have nothing to hang them from. Can they just sit in the sun? How long do they need to be in the sun?

If you have a deck you could put a drying rack out there and hang them from there.  I always leave them out until they're dry.  

I love my prefolds but have never understood why someone would use a snappie.  I simply fold it in thirds and then place it in the cover.  Am I missing something?  I though that a snappie was only good if you didn't use a cover.  I have never tried a different fold either.  Does it really help with absorbency?  I love my thirsties covers and also have prowraps which don't work so well on my skinny legged daughter.  I really love my BG 4.0s.  We use these at night with a hemp insert and haven't had a leak yet.  You can also add extra hemps if your child needs it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Fitteds are super dangerous. Mainly because they have so much cuter patterns. I only use them at home without a cover. This way she can air out a bit more. I don't use them in public because I don't have that many, and because it just seems like a lot more work. I like my Best Bottoms or pockets for public.
  • Options
    imageheatherm818:
    imageLoisLane23:
    imageJKat876:

imageLoisLane23:

This is how I feel.  At first I was like "OMG they're stained!" and DH said, they're diapers and they get pooped on, who cares, if they are clean?"  Now I don't care.  As soon as the sun comes, they'll come out anyway.

My DH said the same thing! Haha! 

DSC_0330editedimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"