June 2011 Moms

3d ultrasound question for ladies with an anterior placenta.

When I went in for my anatomy scan the tech showed us our baby boy in 3d but it wasn't that clear because his face was against my placenta. I read a post that the best time is between 28 and 32 weeks. My question is if any of you have had one done and if it came out ok? TIA
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 3d ultrasound question for ladies with an anterior placenta.

• I have an anterior placenta too and at our anatomy scan the tech was talking to us about getting a 3d u/s around 28-30 weeks.  When I asked about the ant. placenta she said actually it makes for better pictures b/c the sound/light waves bounce off of it.  Not sure if it's true but it's what our tech told us.....  :)
  • We're going for one this weekend and at my anatomy scan I was told I have an anterior placenta too so we'll see.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We just went for our 3D/4D and since the baby was still hiding up against my placenta the ultrasound was not as detailed as it could have been. We didn't care though, it was still amazing to see our baby girl as well as we did. The tech was really nice and spent extra time trying to get the baby to go farther back into the fluid, but our baby was too stuborn! She recommended because of the anterior placenta that if we came back for another one to spend an entire week drinking extra water and it would help.
  • I have an AP and went for my 3D scan at about 27 weeks.  It didn't seem to be a problem...We got some great shots (when LO wasn't blocking her face with her knee!)  I felt faint at one point so she had me lay down on my side to scan.  When I felt better I offered to turn back on my back and she said don't bother because she could see better from my side...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have an anterior placenta as well and when I had a 3D u/s done at 20 weeks the tech told us if we wanted to come back in later on in the pregnancy that they normally recommend b/w 28-32 weeks but that due to the AP that we should come back no later than 26 weeks b/c beyond that the chances are that the placenta will be even more in the way than it was then.  We didn't bother going back though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I haven't been told I have an anterior placenta, but her face was right up against the placenta so it made the photos a bit blurry (28 weeks).  I don't think there is anything we could do about it, she's just not placed well for a 3D ultrasound. 
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am having a 3D/4D tomorrow and I have an anterior placenta.  If I can find the post, I will let you know :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • imageSam_Tiff121309:
    I am having a 3D/4D tomorrow and I have an anterior placenta.  If I can find the post, I will let you know :)

Okay!  Had the u/s.  I loved it.  Having an anterior placenta is not a problem......."IF"  you drink lots of water!  I asked the tech and she says water thins it out on screen, so your placenta will not ruin the pics!  Here are two things that will and almost did, but LO decided to work with us.  If LO is facing your spin and if LO, like mine, loves to play with the umbilical cord.  He kept putting it near his face and in his mouth so adorable and such personality!!!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"