Success after IF
Options

Toddler weight plateau?

Cal often steps on our digital scale, and I swear it has read 25.5 - 26.5 lbs (depending on time of day, what he's wearing, etc.) every time for months.  His last 2 official weights were right around 26 lbs at his 2-year wellness check, and 26 lbs, 9 oz at his hematologist visit at 25 months.  So, between the 2 that sounds like a small weight gain in a short amount of time, but we're also talking about 2 different offices/scales.  He's always been in a lower percentile, so that doesn't concern me, but is it normal for him to stay at the same weight for so long?  Just curious about other kids his age (27 months) and whether they gain weight consistently or not.  I seem to recall a weight plateau around 1 year as well.
Childhood cancer (DH) + chemo + radiation = 0 sperm.
LO #1 - 1 unmedicated/self-monitored IUI w/ donor sperm.
LO #2 - 1 m/c, 2 BFNs, 4th IUI worked (unmedicated/self-monitored with new donor sperm).
Life is beautiful!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Toddler weight plateau?

• Options
    I'm curious to see the answers. One of my dd's has been approximately the same weight since she was 18 months. It is strange. 
  • Options

It definitely slows way down. DD has been about the same for 2 years now, she's only gained about 4 pounds since she was 2 give or take.  She's still on the same curve as she was then.

My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemadhatter2003:

It definitely slows way down. DD has been about the same for 2 years now, she's only gained about 4 pounds since she was 2 give or take.  She's still on the same curve as she was then.

Oh, okay, well that is good to know!

Childhood cancer (DH) + chemo + radiation = 0 sperm.
    LO #1 - 1 unmedicated/self-monitored IUI w/ donor sperm.
    LO #2 - 1 m/c, 2 BFNs, 4th IUI worked (unmedicated/self-monitored with new donor sperm).
    Life is beautiful!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

The twins have slowed as well, they are still growing height wise but they seem to be "thinning" out. No more chubby cheeks or big bellies!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Rhayna has hovered between 29-31lbs for a year. I'm not concerned, she's outgrowing her clothes, not looking "skinny", eating fine, etc.
  • Options
    James has been right around 26 lbs for the last few months. I'm glad to see others have had a similar experience, because I was worrying about it a bit.
  • Options

Yeah I'm curious to see how much Nicholas weighs at his 2yr well check tomorrow.  He was just about 27 lbs when I took him for a sick visit in couple of months ago.  

My mom commented the other day that she has noticed that he is starting to thin out.   Like he's growing height wise and losing the baby chubby cheeks and you can see his neck.   He looks more little boyish, not babyish.

• Options
    I think DD gained maybe 2 pounds total from 18 months until now.  She's become much taller, but not picked up much weight.  I think year 2 they are only supposed to gain something like 4-5 pounds.
  • Options
    Maya weighed herself at Bella's appointment today (same scales that she always gets weighed on) and she is 24.6 lbs. She has gained 0.3 lbs since November. She has always been small and apparently that isn't changing anytime soon.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I would say Lilah was the same weight range for months and months.. she went through a huge growth spurt in the last month though and shot up in height and did go up in weight.
    Health&Fitness Blog imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Our IVF miracles!
  • Options

Shayne was 26 lbs at her 2 year visit and is now only 27 1/2 lbs, so a 1 1/2 pound gain in the last 9 months.

Sydney was 24 1/2 lbs at 2 year visit and is now 25 1/2 lbs. So only a 1 pound gain in the last 9 months.

But they have grown over 3 inches in the last 9 months and might grow another half inch before hitting 3. I think at this age they start to gain weight slower as they grow taller and thin out.

My BFF's 6 year old daughter is 38 lbs. and her 4 year old is 33 lbs. So looking at these numbers I think the girls are right on track.

• Options

I think it does slow down some..

Bella has not gained much since her 18monht appointment but she has maintained consistent on the curve..well for height she has sky rocked to the 90% so I try to tell myself as long as she looks healthy and eats healthy she is just tall and lean...I can obsess about her eating so this has been hard for me to accept

• Options
    same thing with Paige. I swear she was at 26lbs at her 2 year well visit...but I could be wrong. She was just 25lbs last week at the pre op appt but grew an inch i think. Have to check my records. We keep an eye on her weight b/c of the heart issue but so far she has stayed on the growth curve.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

This is Ava!  Between 18 months and 24 months, she gained *maybe* a pound.  She hadn't moved at all on the growth charts, so I'm guessing this is pretty normal.  I'm anxious to see what she is at 30 months, though.

(I never replaced our scale -- it broke the day I came home from the hospital with Ava, and I took it as a sign.)

My Favorite Books image
    Books read in 2012: 58!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"