Minnesota Babies

Measles Concern?

https://www.kare11.com/news/article/915175/396/6-measles-cases-in-Minn-more-could-be-on-the-way

Has anyone else been following this story? Are you changing any of your activities/outings?
imageimage

Re: Measles Concern?

• K hasn't had the MMR yet. We do an alternative schedule and had held off a little extra because our pedi had heard that the separated vaxes were going to be available again in early 2011. 

When it became apparent this wasn't the case, we decided to do it, but K got the flu and an ear infection. So now, she'll get it as soon as she can after the antibiotics are out of her system.

Until the measles cases are contained and/or K has had the full MMR series, we're avoiding playgroups with the local AP community. I'm not super involved, but we do go from time to time. There are just too many of them who don't vax at all, that I won't risk it...especially since so many of them live in mpls.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm seriously thinking about it more and more - especially since my girls were preemies, and are too young yet to get vaccinated.  I think we'll be staying away from large venues like MOA, etc as much as possible until things either get under control, or they are vaccinated. 
    bfp 5/17/09 - missed m/c 6/17/09 @ 9w - stopped growing 6w 1d, D&C 6/19/09
    BFP #2 10/13/2009 on our 2nd Wedding Anniversary
    Discovered TWINS during the 6w u/s - what a shocker!
    Delivered on 5/19/2010 at 34 weeks due to pre-e and HELLP syndrome
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    The Bump MoM Recipe Collection
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"