3rd Trimester

If you are late, did you keep working?

I have always planned to work up to the last possible minute. However,  I never got this far along with DS#1 so I was never in this position and now I am really rethinking things. The baby is pressing really hard on my pelvis/cervix/whatever and it is nowpainful, vs just uncomfortable. I can barely walk at times and my work requires a lot of walking -  I go to the dr tomorrow so i'll know more then but,  anyone else in this position?? 
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: If you are late, did you keep working?

• I didn't make it to my due date with DS either since I was induced early. I won't be with this pg so I guess I do plan on working (however hard I'll be able to) until I have the baby.
  • I started working half-days.  Full days were just too much!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I stopped at 39 weeks 2 days.  It was way too uncomfortable for me to keep working.  I thought I'd be able to do it, but I just started feeling so sick it was impossible.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am due tomorrow and am going to work. But I sit at a desk all day and am not taking any new cases at work and just wrapping up old cases I have, so it's not been very stressful. If I had to be on my feet at all I would be at home on my couch lol.
    image April 2, 2011 Exclusive Pumping Facebook Group http://www.facebook.com/groups/113592028761826/ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am stopping work on May 2nd. My original due date was the 9th; and the second is the 17th. I was really nervous about going into labor at work--especially since I work with young kids (kindergarten-2nd grade) all day long. Unfortunately, in our district we have to give 60 days notice about it--so, once you put it for it, that is the day you leave.

My daughter is my hero.
  • my boss is being a total douche about me going on leave so I'm staying until i go into labor... hoping my water breaks in his office!  grrr  I hope i'm not late, but will likely have to be there either way.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm due on Tuesday, and planning to work this coming week. I've been working less hours (like 9-4) and mostly just closing things out, nothing to stressful. My boss offered to let me work from home last Friday, but I told her I wanted to save that option for when I felt really uncomfortable. If I don't go in tomorrow, it will be because of these ALLERGIES FROM HELL. Omg I'm miserable right now and it has nothing to do with this pregnancy. :(
    DD born March 2011
    DS born Dec 10, 2013
  • I am overdueand still working... I sit at a desk all day, but it is still hard. I have no energy and I get a lot of back pain. I am wondering how much longer I can keep working.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My last day is this Friday. My work has me getting up and down a lot at times and it can be extremely hard at times. And I am getting to be so uncomfortable too. I know that I could probably keep going but I think stopping then will be what is best.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • With #1 I worked until my induction was schdeuled at 41W3D.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • With DD#1 I worked until the last possible minute - I was 10 days overdue and got the call to go to the hospital during the work day while I was sitting at my desk (and actually tried to negotiate my way into holding the bed for me so I could finish the work day...I was nuts).  I was happy as a clam and not in any discomfort.

Things are so much different this time around though!  I am being induced this Friday with DD#2, and I wish I had taken this week off.  I am so tired and very uncomfortable, plus I have a bunch to do at the house that I wish I could be getting done.  I am working until Wednesday, but again I wish I wasn't...  Oh well.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"