Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

If you had a growth ultrasound at 36+ weeks...

How big did they say your baby was compared to what he weighed at birth?  At 37 weeks my doctor told me DS is measuring 8lbs. 12oz.  I'm just curious to see how off they can be.  Thanks.

Re: If you had a growth ultrasound at 36+ weeks...

• Options
    Well, I was induced at 36 weeks cause they said she wasn't growing like she should inside. They wanted her to grow better outside. On Monday she was measuring 4 lb 8 oz and when I delivered her on Wednesday she was born at 5 lb even.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I had an ultrasound every week after 35 weeks and every time they said over 9 lbs. They didn't say exactly how much at the time because it varied every week depending on the way the baby was positioned.

At 39w6d Abby was born 10lbs 2oz.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    lurking...they told me my DS 1 would be 5 lbs.  He was 7lbs 5 oz
  • Options
    I had 2 growth ultrasounds late in pregnancy and they were both pretty accurate. DS was 9 lbs 15 oz and they said he would be about that big

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• Options
    They said 8.5 lbs at 39 wks she was born at 41 wks at 8lbs 4oz
  • Options
    at 37 week they said DD was 6lbs 8oz and she came out 7lbs 14.6oz on her due date. GL!
  • Options
    At 36 weeks they guessed her to be 4lb 15oz and she was 5lb 4oz at 36 weeks 3 days when she was born.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The ultrasound I had 6 hours before delivery they estimated DD at 6 lbs. She was born exactly at 6 lbs.
    image.
  • Options
    I had one at almost 40 weeks and they said she was about 7lbs 14oz..she was 7lbs 15oz when she was born.
  • Options
    They told me 8.5 lbs give or take a pound in either direction.  DS was 9 lbs 10 oz.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I had one the day I was induced, so three days before DS was born. They estimated him to be 7lbs 6oz and he was born at 7lbs 4oz...so they were definitely pretty close!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

With my son the growth u/s at 36w5d said he was 7lbs even at that point, he was born at 40w4d weighing 7lb 4oz

With my daughter a growth u/s at 38 weeks said she was 7lbs even, she was born at 39w6d and was 7lb 8oz

EDD with #4  01-20-14
    Proud mama to a boys-  6/17/09 - a girl 2/23/11- and a boy 8/20/12

• Options

had ultrasound at 38 weeks and the said that DD would be between 9 and 10lbs.

Induced at 39 weeks and DD was 8lbs 14oz when she was born. 

• Options
    mine was pretty accurate. At my 36 week growth ultrasound they said he was 5lbs 16 oz. They said if I went to 40 weeks he would be about 7.5 pounds. He was born at 38 weeks (2 weeks after US) and was 6lbs 15oz so they were pretty dead on since they gain about a 1/2 pound per week in the last month.
    Team Pink! Baby Girl due 8.2.15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I was told if i went until forty weeks the baby would be seven five.  had him three days early and he was seven three.  so pretty good estimate.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket
  • Options
    lautilauti member
    At 38w5d, he measured 8lbs 11oz.  He was born at at 39w4d and was 9lbs 1oz, so pretty dead on for me.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

DS was estimated at 9 lbs 6 oz 2 days before he was born and he was 8 lbs 15 oz.

DD was estimated at 7 lbs 1 oz the day before she was born and she was 8 lbs 13 oz!

• Options

I had one with DD1 a few weeks before her due date.  Assuming she gained about .5 lb per week, she was estimated to be around 9 lbs on her due date.  She was born at 39w 4d at 8lb 12oz. so it was pretty accurate.

I didn't have one for DD2, but my OB said there was a study done that showed that second + time moms were more accurate in guessing baby's size than the u/s.  I didn't feel like she was any bigger, any she ended up coming at 39w 1d at 7lb 13 oz. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    When I had my ultrasound baby was measuring at 6.5lbs, I believe it was at 35 weeks, they estimated him to be about 8lbs, I was induced at almost 39 weeks and LO was 7lbs 13oz so pretty close.
  • Options
    At 37 weeks she was measuring 7lbs. The tech guessed that she'd be 7.5lbs at birth. She was 7lbs 13oz, born at 39w 5d.
  • Options

I was induced because they told me he wasn't growing enough and would be better off outside.

He was estimated around 6 lbs at my 39 week u/s and was 7 lb 4 oz when he was born later that day. My OB said estimates are usually +/- 1.5 lbs.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had a ultrasound at 36 weeks due to them wanting to do the c-section at 37 weeks due to pre-e. They est. him to be around 7lbs. He was 8lbs 3oz.
  • Options

I had an US at 36w1d and they estimated DS to be nearly 8 lbs.  He was born at 36w4d and weighted 6 lbs 7 oz.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Doctors are pretty close to their estimates. They are around babies and pregnant women all the time, so they have had a lot of practice. When I was 36 week my doctor said she was a little over 6 pounds. I delivered at 40 weeks and she was 6 lbs 15 oz, so the doctors are usually right! :)
  • Options
    at 39 wks, he measured 9 lbs 10 oz, the next night he was born at 10 lbs 15 oz.
  • Options
    At 36wks they measured him at 8lbs 9oz and estimated him to be close to 10lbs full term.  I had him at a couple days shy of 38wks and he was 8lbs 8oz.  They were nearly a lb off.
  • Options
    My doctor said my LO was measuring at 39 weeks when I was only 34 weeks.  However, when he was born he was only 7 pounds 1 ounce. 
  • Options
    I had an u/s at 41 weeks and was told baby was over 9 lbs.  Igave birth 2 weeks later at 43 weeks and he was 8lbs. 12 ounces.  Based on the 41 week u/s, he should have  been closer to 11 lbs at birth - so it was almost 2 lbs. over.
  • Options
    I had an u/s Thursday before I had him, so 37w5d and he was estimated at 6 10 and was born at 7 lbs even at 38w1d
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I had one at 41 weeks exactly. I was told that baby was 9lbs 8 oz. She was 7lbs 15 oz 3 days later.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"