Breastfeeding

Breast size question

I've been reading the posts below about NIP & started to wonder if those of us w/larger breasts are usually more self conscious about NIP.  I'm a 34 DD, so I feel like there's a lot of breast showing if I don't wear the right top or use a cover.  Maybe it's just a modesty thing in general though? 

Re: Breast size question

• I am a 38DD while Pg/nursing.  I wear nursing tanks/tops.  I have no problem NIP and DH says that I am much better at covering now than with DD1.  I worked with DD1, so I rarely NIP, I am a SAHM and always NIP when we are anywhere.
  • I have tiny boobies and I am still self conscious about NIP. I wish I wasn't, life would be so much easier if I didn't mind whipping them out anywhere!
    DD 4yo DS 1yo
  • Loading the player...
  • My cup size is H.  I am a modest person.  I think you are wrong to equate modesty with the inibility to NIP. 

It has to do with your cultural mindset and the idea that feeding a baby is not something to be hidden away.

• I have big boobs when nursing (I think I was up to a G cup at one point) but was never that self conscious.  But I'm not the most modest person anyway.
    My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I'm a 38F/G and i whip the puppies out anywhere.?
  • Hope no one took me saying "modesty" to equate as if it's better to keep 'em hidden.  Maybe I should have said "shy"?  Oddly, I've never considered myself to be overly modest, but I am on the shy side when it comes to NIP.  I just wonder if I'd be so shy if I were a B cup.  My sister has BF'd 3 sons & has a smaller bust size than I do & has never seemed to be as shy about it as me.  I know I need to get over it.  Maybe w/more practice... 

Smile

• Practice definitely gives you more confidence.  I would be so uncomfortable NIP my DD1.  With DD2, I decided that I was not going to hide everytime I had to feed her.  I nursed her 3-4x at a family Christmas party last year when she was only a week old and no one knew.  My SIL didn't think I fed her at all because I didn't leave the room.  I have gotten so I can nurse w/o showing skin.
  • I'll admit that I'm pretty small chested (B cup non-pg and now somewhere between a C & D), but my DS has a big head!  ;)  He could easily cover MUCH larger breasts than mine.
  • It just took me time to get comfortable NIP. Now I feed DD whenever and wherever she is hungry. I'm pretty good at covering up and getting her fed without flashing anyone...oh and I'm a 36 D
  • I was a 36DD/34F when my milk came in.  I was probably down to a 34DD the first time I NIP (around 2 months?).  I'm more apt to say it's a general modesty thing.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"