April 2011 Moms

Mama's coming home outfit?

The post below about what's in your bags got me thinking about what I'm going to pack for me to come home in. I know that I'll be sore, and bleeding, and still big- so obviously something comfortable and loose is a must. But is it dumb that I really don't want to go home in sweatpants?? I don't know... I've never really been a "wear pjs in public" kind of girl (just my personal style), and I think I'd like to kind of look like myself for the day we take her home and photos and such.

Is it unrealistic to think I could wear leggings and a tunic/dress home? That would be comfy and the top would be loose. What are you planning to wear home from the hospital?

imageimage
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

DD born 4/25/11
m/c 8/10/13 at 5.5 weeks
missed m/c 4/15/14 at 11.5 weeks, D&C 4/17/14
BFP 6/22/14, Scheduled c/s 2/23/15, It's a Girl!!  

Re: Mama's coming home outfit?

• I packed legging & a cute ruffle tank.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • What about yoga pants?

I'll be wearing a comfy pair of black yoga pants home.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • The thought of leggings right now makes me cringe. But that's just me. After LO was born, I just wanted loose fitting clothes. I lounged in some old navy pajama bottoms once I graduated from the hospital gown and went home in a comfy velour top/bottom set I got from destination maternity.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 1.28.10; HB 6w5d 2.18.10; No HB 3.8.10; Natural m/c 3.9.10 at 9w3d
    BFP#2 - 7.22.10 DD born 3.16.11
    BFP#3 - 8.11.11 DS born 3.27.12
  • Definitely wearing a comfy cotton dress - I am hoping that it won't be cold enough that I will have to wear leggings :)
  • I wore a maxi dress home with DD and will probably do the same this time.  With a c/s incision, I try to avoid a waistband.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Not that you want to over pack, but a good friend of mine's legs were so swollen after delivery that she had to wear her husband's sweatpants home!  Her maternity pants were even too snug!  With DD, I just wore one of my maternity shirts home and either my maternity jeans or a pair of stretchy maternity pants (I can't remember which).   I would think a tunic top would work great though as long as there is enough room in the bust.  You are inspiring me a little to try to look nice when I leave the hospital!!
  • I was thinking the same thing!

I was thinking yoga pants but I have a really hard time wearing anything I wear just lounging around the house out in public. So I'm thinking the leggings and dress as well. Seems silly but at least it's a pretty quick trip for me from hospital home so then I'm sure the yoga pants will go on as soon as I reach my front door.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My crotch and hips hurt so bad now, it's hard to pull on pants or leggings.  I'll be packing a dress to come home in, just in case I'm stitched and I know I'll be wearing a monster pad that I won't want smushed in pants.  It's 81 here today so I'm fairly confident that by the end of April, a dress will be just fine!
  • I'd say bring the one outfit to the hospital that you want to wear home, but have one or two set aside at home to account for crazy swelling, c/s incision, something smaller in case your ute shrinks really quickly.  That way your DH can just grab an outfit if you need one.  The less you bring to the hospital, the better.
    photo db44578a-7b8c-4755-ad7b-b5de3ca46717.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I am the same way, in wanting to be comfy, but I HATE wearing sweats/yoga pants in public. I never even considered a maxi-dress. Hopefully it will be warm enough to skip leggings underneath. If not, DH will probably have warmed the car up for LO anyways, so I'll only be outside long enough to get from hospital to car and car to house. Y'all are geniuses!!
  • I'm a sweatpants and sweatshirt kind of girl so that's what I'll be wearing home.  For me, it's all about comfort!
  • I'm wearing this home. Comfortable, black (just in case), sleeves to cover nursing bra, and long. Yes

ETA - I'm having a c-section so I prefer something not bearing down on my incision, and I don't want to have to pull up my pants Urkel style.

Photobucket
  • I'm having a c-section, so I'm going to ON or something to get a maxi dress to come home in. I have a feeling I won't want to wear pants.
  • I wore yoga pants home last time - it was winter and 11pm at night so I didn't really care ;-)

This time I'll probably wear a nursing tank and gauchos.  If all goes according to plan, we'll be going home within hours of birth (birth center birth) so I'm not overly concerned about how I look.

• I think a lot of it depends on what the weather is like and how you have the baby (c-section or vaginal).

I'm hoping the weather is semi-decent and that I'll have a natural delivery so I packed a pair of yoga-sweat pant capri's that are loose and flowy and a tank top. Remember you'll also have whatever outfit you wore to the hospital as a back-up choice. Seriously, I'll punch anyone who wants to snap pictures of me looking like sh!t and I don't plan on looking like a rockstar when they wheel me out to my car. Of course, I'll want a picture of us going home so I'll just throw on some mascara and make sure my hair is washed so I can crop the picture afterwards Stick out tongue As long as I'm comfy, I'll be happy.

June Siggy: Fave pic of Aubrey and me :)

• Oh, just to add something else, especially if you push out a bigger baby.  You may have some trouble controlling your bladder.  I'm not going to lie, I almost peed myself trying to get out of the car when we got home.  It was difficult at best. 

Just something else to consider when picking colors.  Stick out tongue

photo db44578a-7b8c-4755-ad7b-b5de3ca46717.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• "out in public"?! You're walking from your hospital room to the car, and then from the car to your house. You're not necessarily gallivanting around the town, going out to eat, stopping by to see family, etc... Just wear something comfy. Nobody will see you but people in the hospital, and when you're wheeled out in a wheelchair holding a newborn I'm pretty sure they'll give you leeway for dressing comfortably.
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • I am more of a comfy girl so I will be wearing some cute pjs that my mother got me with a nursing tank under it...
  • Yoga pants, nursing tank and oversize sweater that tie around the waist. I've also tossed in a loose tshirt and leggings in case...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagebiblionerd:
    "out in public"?! You're walking from your hospital room to the car, and then from the car to your house. You're not necessarily gallivanting around the town, going out to eat, stopping by to see family, etc... Just wear something comfy. Nobody will see you but people in the hospital, and when you're wheeled out in a wheelchair holding a newborn I'm pretty sure they'll give you leeway for dressing comfortably.

That's pretty much how I feel! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

VOTE on my Name List

• imageMG7:

What about yoga pants?

I'll be wearing a comfy pair of black yoga pants home.

I like this idea 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagebiblionerd:
    "out in public"?! You're walking from your hospital room to the car, and then from the car to your house. You're not necessarily gallivanting around the town, going out to eat, stopping by to see family, etc... Just wear something comfy. Nobody will see you but people in the hospital, and when you're wheeled out in a wheelchair holding a newborn I'm pretty sure they'll give you leeway for dressing comfortably.

Actually, if we leave the hospital during normal business hours, we will be going by DH's family business on the way home as it's his family tradition to do so.  That doesn't mean that I will be parading all around there, but its possible... so I agree with trying to look at least presentable.  

• I live in NC so it should be warm when I take lo home, planning on wearing a maxi dress. I pretty much live in maxi dresses in the spring/summer preggers or not. I'm also bringing yoga pants and a nursing tank just so i have another option. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic     
  • I agree with you, PP. I never feel comfortable being out in lounge clothes, either. I am weird. I rarely ever wear jeans and a t-shirt as I just feel sloppy. With DS#1 I was always more comfortable in dresses, so that is what I took to the hospital to wear home. I am glad I did, too. I ended up with a CS and couldn't stand the thought of anything coming near the incision for a while. This time around, I plan to wear a dress again. It should be plenty warm enough here, so that won't matter. It was 80 degrees out today. I think a tunic and leggings would be good, unless of course you do have a CS. They may be fine but they also might bother your incision. SO, I might would pack another option, like  a dress, just in case. HTH
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"