Birth Stories

my unusual experience

I had never heard of this and thought it might be an interesting story to share. 

I just delivered my 3rd baby , a little girl, in December. I deliver very very quickly and with a very short labor. This time, after relaxing in the very lovely whirlpool for about 30 minutes, i barely made it to the table. i delivered my little girl sitting up and leaning over to the side of the table/bed. Interestingly, she was born in her waters. It was amazing. There she was swimming in her own little water sack. The nurse ended up being the one to catch her as the doctor ran up. They popped her like a bubble and put her right on me. 

Anyway, i had never heard of  the water not breaking and the baby coming in the water.

Re: my unusual experience

• Wow I've never heard of that either, thanks for sharing! :)
    IAmPregnant Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's called being born "in the caul"  (you can google it).  You'll see a lot of people see it as good luck/a sign of a very special baby. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagejulyjennifer:
    It's called being born "in the caul"  (you can google it).  You'll see a lot of people see it as good luck/a sign of a very special baby. :)

This.  It is not as common now because doctors feel the need to break your water for some reason.  It must have been a really beautiful, surreal sight!  Congrats on your quick and easy delivery and beautiful baby!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • Wow, I had no idea a baby could be born in such a way.  That is a really special experience. 
  • That's awesome! Sounds like such a gentle way for her to enter the world :)
  • That sounds beautiful!
  • I looked it up on google.. It is not something I was expecting. But CONGRATS on your delivery. 
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"