Baby Names

Which is proper for spelling? Elise or Elyse???

Although I'm not a fan of "y" in names (pay no attention to my sn... all the Tracy's were taken Stick out tongue) I've always thought that Elise is spelled correctly with an 'i"... however DH mentioned when he sees it with an "i" he sometimes sees ELSIE (which I don't like at all but that's beside the point) .....but wouldn't make the same mistake if Elise was spelled with a "y"  I guess I can see his point...But in the end, I would rather have the most common spelling..

So... Elise or Elyse??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Which is proper for spelling? Elise or Elyse???

• Elise- not a fan of y names either- I would stick with the classic spelling- if people call her the incorrect name she can correct them.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Elise has been around since the 1800's. Elyse was popular beginning in the 1960's.
    A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • Elise
    Robin - CO Mod * RP & JHutch Lover * Hufflepuff
    <><
    Tizzle 10/07 ~ Boppy 7/09 ~ Chicken 1/12
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Books read in 2013: ~ Audiobooks listened to in 2013: 3
    Currently reading: The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon
    Currently listening to: The Dark Divine by Bree Despain
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Robin (jason&robin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf) image
  • I know one Elyse and her name is spelled with a y.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Elise

Oscar born October 2011

Miscarriage at 8 weeks (August 2013)

DD due September 1, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• Elise.

Or you can go to awesome-ness and use an A like me, and make it Elisa.

E-Lee-Suh.   ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks! Elise it is!
  • My sister is Elyse and she gets called Elsie all the time. So y or i, I think that's a risk you run.
  • I think Elise is the more traditional spelling.  I don't like it with a y.  

photo bazingif2_zps814467e5.gif

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Definitely Elise
  • imagewishin&hopin2008:
    Elise- not a fan of y names either- I would stick with the classic spelling- if people call her the incorrect name she can correct them.

ITA

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

• My sister's mn is Alyse...and she always sais she wished it would have been spelled with an E as the first letter, because people often confuse it with the same pronounciation of Alice.
    ttc since 10-09 first visit with RE 09-10 ME-everything ok DH- AZOOSPERMIA...biopsy confirmed Sertoli Only Cell syndrome Donor IUI#4 was the charm (8-27-11) with 125iuFollistim/Ovidrel/Endometrin/PIO/vit D beta #1 9/8/11....BFP!!! : ) @ 47.7 beta...#2 9/15/11... 1,998 beta#3 9/22/2011- 27,900 Baby's hb seen @6w2d ! 1-3-2012 20 wk u/s everything lookin' good! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am an Elise and all the other Elises I know spell it with an I.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"