Birth Stories

my med-free induction

while my little man sleeps (since he has his days and nights backwards) ill try to get all this down.

ill start first by saying i honestly never thought the day would come that i would be able to write out this story. obviously he would eventually be born but i knew he wouldnt come on his own.

i started with PTL at 26 weeks and went back and forth with bed rest till 37 weeks. he was ready to come THEN. i was also dialated to a 4 and 90% effaced since 34 weeks but baby went back and forth from head down to transverse position every other week so we were preparred to try a version or if worse came to worse i would have to have a csection.

well all went well and i am able to tell you the birth story that is everything i wanted. ok maybe not everything.. but im happy with it!

at 40 wks and 4 days i had my weekly appt with my midwife and had progressed from the 4cm thaat i had been at for 6 weeks to 5cm and my midwife was no longer comfortable with me walking around at 5cm 90% effaced and living an hour from my hospital, not with how quick my last labor went anyways so she asked me how i felt about her inducing me and honestly i was so ready for him to be here i was ready to go right then but knew i didnt want anything to do with pitocin. my midwife assured me that we would start with breaking my water and see where it took me. she was sure that would get me going BUT if it didnt then we would try everything we could before piitocin.

the hospital was super full that night so she asked me to check in the next morning at 730a. BAD IDEA. i got NO sleep at all that night and was also up all night on the toilet with a "nervous stomach" as i like to call it!

we checked in at the hospital at 730 and my midwife was there waiting on us like she said she would be. they got me hooked up to monitors and of course.. i was already having contractions but nothing regular. i also had progressed to a 5 1/2. my midwife came in at 8 and broke my water. i had heard this part would hurt so i dreaded it but honestly i didnt even feel my waters break and my midwife even said not much water came out so she was gonna "reach up to see how much hair this baby had to try to get more water out" (her exact words) and OMG that hurt like he!! and worked because there came the BIG gush and it NEVER stopped.

my contractions started getting stronger but still not regular. i walked (with a HUGE diaper and towel between my legs) and sat on the ball trying to get things going. finally about 10a they were coming regular and strong. im not sure how close they were because i wasnt timing them, i just know they were regular. i was now having to stop and breath through them but i was still ok.

i continued walking and using the ball and around 1130 my midwife came in to check me again. i was at 7cm and she told me if i wanted to try out the tub i needed to do it now. so i got in the tub but it wasnt really working for me. it was relaxing but i was getting hot and every contraction that came i felt like i had to poop.

i got out of the tub and moved back to the ball.

things really started to pick up and my nurse could tell i was starting to REALLY hurt so she assked to check me. this was prob about 1230. i wasnt keeping track of time.

i was at 8 and didnt want to do it anymore. this is where it got bad.

with every contraction (they were back to back and double peeks now) i cried and told DH that i was done, i wanted an epidural, i couldnt do it anymore... yup, i was that girl. my DH was AMAZING. he looked me right in the eyes everytime and firmly said "no, you CAN do this, you ARE doing it, its to late for an epidural, he is almost here".. and i continued to cry.

my midwife walked in a few minutes later and i cried to her too. she also reassured me that i could and was doing it. she asked me if i was feeling pressure and i just got mad and said "i dont know, i just hurt"

THEN- with the next contraction i said "okay, okay, i feel the pressure" so she gloved up and checked me and said "alright this is it, lets have a baby". this was about 15 minutes since the nurse had checked me and i was at 8.

i FREAKED OUT!! i hated pushing with DS and i knew i would this time too. i did not want to push but i had no choice. he was coming! and one thing no one ever told me but i also experienced it with DS.. you go crazy at this part, you say and do stuff that you wouldnt normally say and do and the great part about it.. you dont remember it but EVERYONE else does!!

i semi pushed through the next 2 contractions and cried my eyes out telling DH i didnt want to do it (he told me last night that he was also crying because he hated seeing me in that much pain without being able to do anything). everyone kept saying "yes you can". well with the next contractions his head was delivered. my midwife was still the only medical person in the room so she calmly pressed my nurse call button and when they asked what we needed she calmly responded "uhmmm, we are delivering in here". she had also told me not to push so she could suction out his mouth (ha yea right, that never works) and then she saw that his cord was wrapped around his neck. things very quickly got very scary.

she unwrapped his cord and baby went DARK PURPLE almost black as DH described. i was still not wanting to push but i got very scared when my midwife looked at me and said "TG we have got to get this baby out NOW so PUSH!!" and i tried as hard as i could but his shoulders were STUCK. finally.. after alot of pushing and pulling.. this stubborn little one came out at 1:38pm.

my midwife held him in the air and said "omg TG what were you thinking.. this baby is HUGE!".... after being stubborn about not wanting to cry.. he finally did and he was placed on my chest for me and DH to cry and be in awe over.

ETA: no cuts, no tears and no stiches!!

Thaxton Gray (both first name) Labrato (middle) was born 03/02/11 at 1:38pm weighing in at 9lbs 4.6oz and 22in long.

me and DH are SO in love its crazy. he is a champ at nursing and sucks like a dyson. he looks JUST LIKE my DH its crazy.

my DH was amazing through the whole thing and i could not have done it without him. he is my rock!

well i hope i didnt leave anything out since im sleep deprived im not even sure if it made any sense but i hope yall enjoyed reading it.

here he is!!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: my med-free induction

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"