Alabama Babies

Worst comment yesterday :(

I got asked if I was Caroline's grandmother by the clerk at CVS...ugh.  I mean I know that I'm no spring chicken, but come on!!  I don't look that old!  Of course, I was pissed about it, so I didn't let it go, I kept asking the clerk if I really looked that old and end up telling her that it was a pretty ballsy question.

Re: Worst comment yesterday :(

• Whoa. I can't believe somebody asked you that! The nerve!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
    natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
    DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

• Actually, it if makes you feel any better I accidentally asked the mayor of our town if his 5-year-old son was his grandson a couple weeks ago.

I didn't know it was his little boy. But, I think there is a huge difference between asking the mayor (Who I already knew was 55-years-old) if it was his grandchild and asking a complete stranger who doesn't even look old.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
    natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
    DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

• Loading the player...
  • Oh my gosh!!!!! That is awful! I would be so pissed! You DO NOT look old enough to be a freakin' grandma! The amount of ignorant people never cease to amaze me!
  • Wow!!! I can NOT believe that someone said that to you! I actually feel like a young mom b/c SO many people I know wait until their mid to late 30's to have a child.
  • what?!  that is just absurd!  when you said something- how did the clerk reply?!
  • I can't believe that lady asked you that!  You definitely do not look like you could be a grandma!!  That is just not a question you ask someone.

• The nerve of some people!  You do not look old enough to be a grandmother!  I'm glad you told her she was pretty ballsy to ask that...maybe it'll teach her next time to keep her mouth shut!
  • oh that's awful!
  • I don't know why anyone would say that to someone.  Some man asked my husband if our kids were his grandkids in the store not too long ago.  I felt bad because I know it really bothered my husband.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"