Working Moms

Backup plan for pumping at work

When I returned from maternity leave, I went to the pharmacies near my office to see if they carried breast pumps, pump parts, manual pumps, etc.  I've been pumping at work for over 4 months without incident, but this morning I left my pump parts at home.  (I have spare parts, but those were MIA this morning as well).  The CVS around the corner from my office stocks manual pumps, so I bought one and all is well.  I am bummed that I had to spend the money on a manual pump, but I am going to leave it at the office in case find myself in the same situation.

Re: Backup plan for pumping at work

• Good idea!  I have forgotten pump parts once, and forgot to bring any bottles to pump into on another day.  I went to a couple of drugstores and they didn't carry medela products and nothing else looked like it would work.  I had to buy another set of parts that will be purely for office use because clearly I cannot be trusted to remember anything. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I never thought about that and I KNOW i would forget. I will also keep some parts at work
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Something for me to consider.  I am known for forgetting things.
  • Wow.  I hadn't even thought about what happens if I forget something...

I am going to order spare parts on line now.  Thanks for the heads up.

• I forgot my parts one day. I had to run to Target and buy another set. But it ended up working out nicely. I just leave that set at work now so I don't have to transfer back and forth every day. Now I always have a set at work.
  • I forgot my parts today (see my do over post on 0-6 months) and had to run to target. I guess I'll keep those parts here.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"