D.C. Area Babies

WTH? Not sleeping?

DD is not sleeping.  At all. She takes maybe 1-2 catnaps during the day and doesn't fall asleep at night.  I can get her to nurse/half fall asleep for about 3 hours.  Any ideas?  I'm so tired

Re: WTH? Not sleeping?

• oh my god.  is this the 4 month wakeful stage i am hearing about?  scary as hell. 

they say this happens b/c she is now aware of her surroundings.  is she still in your co-sleeper?  check on lighting and ambient noise...we use a nightlight and a sound machine and it (seems) to be working for us.  who knows though.  i am preparing myself for the worst.

• My friend who just had a baby had a pediatrician tell her that around 3-4 months (and a couple of later points) babies go through a growth spurt and tend to sleep a lot less, but that it is temporary.  My friend found it true with her little one, but since I have no experience, cannot attest to the truth of it. 

As with everything for babies, stages are so temporary that this too shall pass!  Hang in there in the meantime.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Dear God, Sophie is doing the same thing.  I swear I haven't slept in a month.  She wants to nurse ALL NIGHT.  We usually end up on my bed, nursing laying down, with me dozing/sleeping.  I have tried everything.  I bought a sleep positioner for her crib, supplement, nightlight, white noise, she's not cold or hot, gah.  I think it's just for comfort b/c she's gaining weight like a champ and there's no way she's hungry.

But she naps at MIL's during the day, and I can't sleep at work.  So aggrivating.  She won't nap on the weekend unless we're in the car.

She used to take a paci to sleep, but now she screams at the sight of a paci.  She sttn from 1 month until about 3 1/2 months.  I am a zombie. 

Left HugLeft HugLeft Hug

• I totally feel for you, my 8 month old is doing the same thing. She's never been a great sleeper but will nap during the day for my mom but not for me on weekends unless we're in the car or strolling around. You're not alone but I have no advice to offer, looking for answers myself.
  • Hehe, you guys are funny.  I read the responses to DH, he just laughed.  She is still in the co-sleeper (or was until last Friday when she started to refuse to sleep in there).  Now the only times she sleeps at home is with me in bed.  I sucessfully got 5 hours of sleep last night like that.  We've never had to have a bedtime routine, because we used to just swaddle her when she was sleepy, then lay her down in the co-sleeper.  I think we need to start a routine and try a noise machine.  That's the next step at least!
  • we started the "routine" early - like at 4 weeks - so that she gest positive sleep associations.  so far it's working.  now that i said that i bet she won't sleep a wink tonight.  good luck!

i was chatting with my mom about this issue though - and she said - maybe the babies are teething?

sure enough, lindsey!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"