August 2011 Moms

17 weeks and gained 15 pounds!

Hi girls,

I weighed myself this morning as I do once a week and I am up 15 pounds since I conceived.

Do you all think this is a normal weight gain?

* I know my ticker says I'm further along, I need to change that. 

Re: 17 weeks and gained 15 pounds!

• I've gained a little bit more (at 20 weeks) and my Doctor hasn't said anything about it. She originally told me that your body will gain what is needs during pregnancy and that every women is different.. weight gain guidelines are pretty general and don't take all factors into account.. just like BMI. 
    Married: 3/01/08
    Baby Girl: 7/29/11
    Angel Baby: M/C 7/15/14 at 7wk
    BFP: 8/23/14 - Due 4/28/15  - It's a BOY!
  • Don't worry. I am 18 weeks and have gained 15 lbs, but just lost 4 yesterday (although I am sure I will gain it back fast). I am very petite so gain pretty quickly early on, but I know my body is doing wat it needs to do. As long as your doctor is not concerned and you are eating a healthy and balanced diet no need to worry. Just know your body is changing due to the growing baby and try to embrace that. I am sure you look beautiful!
    Proud Mom to Eily 12/16/2005 BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Our bodies are going to do what they need to do right now.  As long as you are eating healthy foods, than try not to worry about it.

I have gained 12 pounds already.  I saw a new OB at my last appointment (Friday) and he kind of lectured me about my weight (I had gained 25 pounds before conceiving, so I am a bit overweight). He kind pissed me off because he was lecturing me like I sit down and eat 5 pounds of cookies and candy at a time and I so don't.  I am still dealing with bad m/s and eating as healthy as I can right now.  My regular OB does not have a strict view on weight gain as long as it doesn't get excessive (60+ pounds total) or cause me to get GD.  So I just try to brush it off and remind myself my body is supporting a life right now and it will do what it needs to do.  

BabyFruit Ticker

• I think if you took a poll and asked what everyone has gained so far, or if you took one at the end, you would get a hundred different answers. We're all gaining weight at different rates, it's perfectly normal. Don't stress about it, although I know it's hard because it's kind of out of our control.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • If I weigh myself in the morning, I've gained 15 lb. If I weigh myself at night, it's 20lb (holy water retention!). I'll be sticking to morning weigh-ins, LOL! Last time I was at the doctor she said I had a very healthy and normal weight gain. 
    BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • The only time to be concerned is if your doctor is concerned.  Try not to stress about your weight!
  • I had a Dr. appt last night and am 16 weeks and 4 days, and have gained 15 pounds.  I was so upset, but now reading I am not the only one makes me feel so much better =)  The Dr. couldnt believe it, he even left the room to go double check by starting weight AND had me get on the scale again!

• A poll would be interesting!  I don't know how to set up a clicky poll but someone should.  I bet we'll get such varied answers that all of us will feel like we're in good company! 

TTCAL Siggy Challenge: "He's my favorite.  His birthday is the same as mine almost"

image image

Missing my little one lost at 9 weeks on 2.24.13. brokenhearted but not broken... 

d&c 5/21/13... Still Healing, Still Standing... 

MMC discovered 10/2/2013, TWINS... d&c 10/7/2013.  I still miss you, little ones. 

Surgery December 2013 to remove a 10+cm fibroid... Open myomectomy. Benched for 3-9 months... 
    Will TTC summer Summer 2014 we hope!

Dear God, Since I couldn't hold my little one in my lap and tell him about you, could you hold him in your lap and tell him about me? 

PgAL and PAL always welcome...
  • I've gained 18 lbs at about 19 wks. I had a Dr appt yesterday & felt huge that I'd gained 8.5 lbs in the past 5 wks, but the nurse said I shouldn't worry about it. I gained 45 lbs with my 1st pg & lost it all within about 4 months, so I'm not too concerned about it.

Married: '06 - Mom of 3 boys: '08, '11 & '14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"