Potty Training
Options

DD is fully Pee Trained (since October!), but REFUSES to Poop on Potty..HELP!

DD will not poop in the potty. She has no issue peeing. It is almost like she is scared..She will ask for a diaper to poop, go and then immediatley want to be changed. We have tried refusing to give a diaper in hopes she would reallize it was time to try the potty, but she went 3 days without pooping and that was it...I couldnt put her throuhg that, I was sared she would get constipated..And I would feel like a jerk.

We have tried everything, bribes, rewards..potty charts, potty dance, explaining 100000 times what happens to the poop when it is flushed. I've asked her why she wont go and she sometimes says she is scared.. but then says she isnt. Im so lost. She has been pee trained since October... I'm all about letting her do things in her own time, I don't want to rush her or force her, its just so frustrating because I know she is capable. I'm getting so sick of changing nasty diapers..

I know i cant be alone here.. Any advice?

Re: DD is fully Pee Trained (since October!), but REFUSES to Poop on Potty..HELP!

• Options
    Don't give back the diapers.  If you're afraid she's constipated you can give Miralax.  I'm sure she's do it on her own someday, but she's obviously capable but is choosing diapers since you give her the choice.
    All kids cry. They will get over it. Giving parents the obvious answer since 2011.
  • Options
    I went through this exactly!! In the end he didn't poop on the potty until he got sick and he was peeing and it came out.. Since then he's had few accidents. Once he realized it wasn't scary he was more or less fine. If that wouldn't have happened my next step would've been miralax (he was holding it in making him self constipated) as recommended by his Dr. (I did end up giving him a little right after he was sick because he started holding it a little)...  I don't have much advice to give as it happened for us by a fluke, but I will say don't give up. If she insists on pooping in diapers don't give them to her. Try the Miralax. (talk to your dr so you don't give her too much and have it go the other way). Good luck!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Don't put her in a diaper.  I know it's hard to see them scared, but every time you think she has to poop, put her on the potty.  If she fights you and wants to get up, let her.  Keep a CLOSE eye on her and put her on the potty if she starts to go in her pants (might want to leave her pants off for a bit, at first, so you can see...).  It will only take a few days - she will get it.  Tough few days, but worth it.  GL.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"