2nd Trimester

comforter dilemma

Hi ladies,

I have a question. How many of you have bought the baby's comforter instead of registering for it? My DH is set on registering for it, but I think we need to buy it b/c that's where the whole room decoration/colors will come from. I think there are plenty other things that people can buy for us but I think the comforter is needed ahead of time so I can decorate. What do you all think? Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: comforter dilemma

• we never bought a comforter.  they have no use.
  • imageTheFannins729:
    we never bought a comforter.  they have no use.

This. The only crib bedding we are buying is a crib skirt (totally optional), mattress pad and 2 fitted sheets.

• Loading the player...
  • We bought the bedding because we wanted to get started on painting and my shower is not for another couple of weeks.

Also, OP, I mean this as helpfully as possible - it would be best to edit your personal info out of the u/s pic in your siggy. You really want to be cautious putting that up on the internet, you know? You can black out your name and doc's info in tinypic.com and then repost it in your siggy.

• oh yeah i never thought of that! thanks for advicing me. I'll try to take it out.
  • imageajmasl:
    oh yeah i never thought of that! thanks for advicing me. I'll try to take it out.

Got it!!! thanks again !

• we bought the entire crib bedding set ...plus everything else to decorate the nursery (crib, dresser, changing pad, lamp, chair, and wall pictures)

we wanted to make sure we had everything that came with our "theme" before it was discontinued. And while the comforted may not be usable as a blanket it sure does put the room together as a key decorating piece. We hung it on the wall above the dresser/changing table.

• If it's going to be discontinued, then I would pick it up.  Otherwise, you can pick up a piece or two so you can purchase wall paint. 
    Personally, I wish we did a bedding set that came with a comforter.  Ours only had a throw blanket (small fleece) and now that DD is older, I would have loved her to have a thicker matching blanket.  Someone bought us a down comforter and made a duvet, but I was worried it was too warm.  Right now she has two throw blankets in her crib and she wiggles out from under them.  I think a stiffer comforter would be a perfect middle.  BTW - I didn't start using a blanket in the crib until she was 13 months or so. 
    Anna Kate 10.17.2009 Alexander 6.10.2011 Baby Girl 6.2014
  • Thanks ladies! I appreciate your input. I think it will be better to buy part of it now and maybe register for the extra accessories later.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"