North Carolina Babies

Sigh. Work is dragging me down

This week has been awful! I work in HR at a retail store. Monday I found out our store is on a hiring freeze, Tuesday that they are cutting back hours by 8-10 per week. I'm now barely working full-time, plus they are not allotting payroll for HR, so I'm basically "slave labor" for the store - doing whatever they need. I'm really frustrated but really have no way out. I've been with the company for 8 years and have 6 weeks maternity pay plus 6 weeks vacation and great benefits. All that is great when the baby comes, but DH & I will barely be making bills. Thanks for reading. I'm just in a funk and need to break myself out.
image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001

Re: Sigh. Work is dragging me down

• Sorry to hear that!  You don't need the added stress right now!  Hopefully everything gets better, or at least doesn't get worse, so you can take advantage of your built up time/benefits.  If you need the $$ from the lost hours, maybe you could find a PT job until your company bounces back to normal.  Overall, I'm just sorry that you have this stress on your plate!
  • I'm sorry Sad Job stress is no fun, especially when you're pregnant. I know the feeling well! That's great that you have some leave options, and great benefits. Luckily you have some time, so maybe you can start socking away a little extra into savings (as hard as that can be when you're already strapped), so you'll have less to worry about when the time comes for leave. Times are tough right now for a lot of people... and it sucks! I hope things start looking up for you soon!

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Loading the player...
  • Sorry to hear about your job troubles, hopefully it will get better soon!  Hang in there!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Sweet Girls

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"