Orange County Babies

HELP NEED SPECIAL NEEDS PEDI

My daughter needs an AMAZING peditrican and hers isnt cutting it. she has brittle bones disease and needs medications and for her dr. to trust us instead of trying to teach us what they dont know.. any recs?
mom to baby Zoe, DX Osteogenesis Imperfecta type 3, over 50 fractures since birth, 4 surgeries, uses a wheelchair, severe sleep apnea, mild hydrocephalus, beautiful blue eyes.

Re: HELP NEED SPECIAL NEEDS PEDI

• Hi,

I have OI Type 1 and so do both of my kids (5 and 2 years old).  Who are you going to now for Ortho and Pedi?  Was your ortho able to recomend anyone?  We are aren't in need of a special pediatrition, but have one that we really like and communicates with our ortho and trusts in my knowledge and concerns.  You are more then welcome to e-mail me if you want to chat about it in more detail.

marykmendoza at aol dot com

MK

• My Mom took my sister to Dr. Hsin Chang for her whole life. My sister couldn't walk or talk but Dr. Chang was a great Dr. and really knew when My Mom asked for things, she knew what she needed and trusted in my Mom.

She is in Huntington Beach off of Beach Blvd in the building that is in the parking lot of the HB Hospital.  

Obviously these are different disabilities but Dr. Chang was awesome.  They also had other Dr.s but Dr. Chang was her primary.  

• Loading the player...
  • I have a friend w a baby who has a ton of special needs-cardiac, lung, and GI issues. They see Dr. Chen at Harbor Pediatrics and LOVE him.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • A boyfriend of mine from high school's younger brother has OI. I can ask his mom if you'd like, but Robbie is in his late 20s now, so it may all be different. 

I know it was all done through St. Joseph's and CHOC though.  His legs had to be rodded twice I believe.

*hugs*

Our Journey to Brenden

IVF #1: 4/11(Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix) 10 retrieved/8 mature and all 8 fertilized / 2 embies transferred ... nothing to freeze Beta 5/10 = BFN

IVF Take 2 Long Lupron July 2011

ER 7/3/11 (our 6th anniversary) - 8 retrieved/7 mature/fert ....ET 7/6/11 - 2 beautiful grade A 8 cell embryos

Beta 7/18/11 - 149!!! Beta 7/21/11 - 311 Beta 7/28/11 - 2,000 8/5/11 - Empty Sac 8/8/11 - There's a yolk sac and maybe a heartbeat 8/12/11 - Fetal pole, yolk sac, heartbeat 8/18/11 - Baby looks GREAT!
    3 babies waiting on ice

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"