Babies: 0 - 3 Months

CSection Mamas is this normal

I had my CSection last Wednesday and my staples are due to be taken out tomorrow. The area around my staples on the outside of the wound had been stinging really bad. The area looks great and has no signs of infection, it just burns pretty bad. Is this normal healing or is something wrong?

Re: CSection Mamas is this normal

• Sounds normal to me.  I am 3 weeks out from my c/s and the area around my incision still stings sometimes.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • hmmm...i'd mentino it when you get them taken out.  But i had my staples taken out the day i left the hospital from having DD.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh yes. I would be fine and then without moving it felt like a bee stinging me right on the incision. It totally disapeared when they came out. I was still sore for a while but that burning and stinging stopped totally.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I also had the staples taken out the day I left the hospital.  I wonder why they kept them in almost a week?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine definitely hurt around the staples, and getting them taken out was really painful for me because they waited a few extra days and skin had grown over some of them. But the nurse said it was normal.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Its probably your nerve endings reconnecting.

I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • My staples were taken out the day I left the hospital so I don't know for sure. Just mention it tomorrow when you go to have them taken out. Even though the staples had been out for a while, I still had pain around the incision (sometimes burning/stinging) for several weeks , especially when I over did it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageizzourclue:

Its probably your nerve endings reconnecting.

Ditto.

I didn't have staples, just internal stitches with steri-strips and I experienced twinges of pain here and there. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I had my staples taken out the day I left the hospital. I had steri strips put on and left them there until my next OB check up. The burn I got from them ripping the tape off my stomach hurt way more than the incision. I had twinges of pain, but then had bad pain for 4 days straight because I got up too quickly from bed when DS started to cry in the middle of the night.
    Joseph Michael - 12/22/2010
    5lbs 9 oz, 18.5 inches long
    6 months: 16lbs 15 oz, 27 inches long

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"