Pittsburgh Babies
Options

St. Clair Hospital Delivery?

Hey lovies! 

Anyone have any experience delivering here?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: St. Clair Hospital Delivery?

• Options
    I have not personally, but I work at another hospital in PGH and have only heard good things about there labor and delivery unit.
  • Options

I do. I had my twins there in July via c-section. I have only good things to say. Everyone and everything was great! It is smaller so there was more of a personal connection. One night one of the nurses, Suzanna came to my room while the babies and DH were sleeping and we just talked for like an hour. They even helped us order pizza to the hospital one night. The birthing suites, rooms, are large and pretty up to date. 

The one down side is they don't have a NICU only a level 2 nursery. So If you deliver too early or if God forbid there are complications with the baby then either you have to deliver at West Penn or maybe have the baby sent to childrens. But we were prepared for all of it ahead of time and all worked out.

P.S. loved the parking  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My mom delivered my brother and I there back in the 80s and myob/gyn doc is located in the hospital and I feel so comfortable there.  I'm so glad I'm delivering there (also a mile from my and my parents' house).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I delivered there with my 1st and will for my 2nd in August.  I couldn't have been more pleased with my experience.  If you have any more specific questions let me know.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think it will be a good experience.  It's a little over an hour away from my house, depending on traffic, so let's all hope that nervous DH will be able to focus on getting me there in time! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"