Potty Training

Rashy, bumpy

OK, so my 2.5yo daughter has been PT for several months (except sleep). But ever since then, she consistently gets really red and bumpy in her genital region (sorry, TMI) and even her little tushie cheeks.

She's even had one slight infection (which was cleared up quickly with a cream and vinegar baths).

I've tried better quality wipes, but that didn't help. Not wiping at all doesn't help. 

My instinct is that she pees sometimes without us knowing and then doesn't wipe herself, which leaves urine on her skin. Plus, when we wipe her, she stays moist, unlike with a diaper, which pulls moisture away from the skin.

So I'm trying to wipe with a wet wash cloth and then pat dry.

Anyone have an experience with this or knowledge on how to avoid breakouts/irritation?

Re: Rashy, bumpy

• I don't have any advice but I do have the same problem. DD has been wearing Gerber training pants during the day for the past week. At the end of the day she has a red rash on her cheeks and I can't figure out what is causing it. The training pants get washed in the same detergent as her clothes and the rash seems too high on her bottom to be from urine. Hope you get some good responses!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My DS has that problem too, but only on his tushie cheeks.  The pedi said it was eczema.  She also said to rinse his potty with water after cleaning it to get rid of the cleaner (we use organic cleaner).  HTH

Married to J since 5/05, Mommy to T (10/08), L (08/10) and C (02/13) who was born at home.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"