Breastfeeding

Pumping Stash..

I am going back to teaching in January and would like to be able to provide milk without having to pump during the day.  I've heard that's possible, but I don't know.  So I was wanting to get a stash built up so I can send milk to my babysitter.  How do I pump extra and still produce enough for my DS on a regular basis?  I don't really want to have to pump every day, but I don't know how to balance all of this.  If any of this makes sense, please help me figure this out!  Thanks!!  :) 

Jen

Re: Pumping Stash..

• Go to Kellymom.com- they have lots of info specifically for teachers who pump.  GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Pick a time of day and pump after that feeding on both boobs until they're empty
  • Loading the player...
  • I think that if you don't pump at all during the day, your supply is going to diminish quickly.  You can build a freezer stash now so that you can send frozen milk to the babysitter, and maybe you'll be able to BF nights & weekends... but it will definitely affect your supply if you can't pump at all. 
  • It is not likely that you will be able to get a big enough stash to feed DC during the day at sitter and you not pump during the day.  You want your body to know that you need to produce more and it produces the most when your breasts are empty.  You can pump after each feeding to help build up your stash now but I would at least pump once a day when you go back to work.  Good luck!
    Our kids are 19mths apart and we LOVE it!!

Married to my BFF on 8.13.05 (after dating 5 years)!

DS born 2.14.08. DD born 9.30.09.

• To get your stash up you will have to pump everyday until you go back to work a few times a day just to store enough. I pumped at every feeding. When she started STTN I kept an extra session before bed to make sure I was putting away more than she was eating. Now I am semi weaning because I have about 150 bags (5oz each) in my deep freeze. I do still pump once at work (I also work in a school). Now that I dropped to one feeding during work and cut out my late night pumping session my supply is really going down. I do still nurse at 6am and pump, pump at 12, nurse at 6pm and then pump. I am not freezing maybe 5 oz if I am lucky but I don't worry to much because I have enough to make it to one year as long as I don't stop all together.
    Addison Elizabeth
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Carter James
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"