Postpartum Depression
Options

Feeling Blank?

I have been on 20mg of Prozac since September for PPD. Lately I have noticed I don't feel happy, excited, or any positive feelings. I have been feeling less motivated to go out of the house or even do basic housework. I don't know if I am having a relapse or if I no longer need the meds. I just don't feel like myself and I for a sex drive...yeah I have none. I think it's starting to get to my husband that he isn't getting any. 

Side bar-I have yet to feel like my own person since I had LO. I am a SAHM and we both have anxiety about leaving each other. I know this can't be healthy for him to be so attached to me. I had a difficult time getting pregnant and he is one of the most wanted children ever so I feel like I should give him everything I have as a mom. I did start going to the tanning bed (thinking the vitamin D might get me out of this funk) and just bought a few new outfits trying to feel sexy again. Whatever that is. Is this normal at all or am I going crazy.

So I guess I have two questions...did any of you ever feel blank? Is it possible to feel sexy and be a mom? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket

Re: Feeling Blank?

• Options
    I am a SAHM, too and I struggled with PPD.  I was having very similar feelings where I didn't really have an identity outside of 'Mommy" and I certainly didn't feel sexy.  What helped me was having a weekly date with my DH (we live in the same town as IL's so we generally have easy access to babysitting), going to the gym, and getting pedicures.  Those were all things I 'used' to do before having my DD and I had stopped doing.  Also I did some sleep training on my DD because I was literally existing on 2-3 hours of sleep for MONTHS which is extremely unhealthy.  Now I am still tired, but not completely and utterly exhausted.  Try to get back to some activities that made you happy before your DS came along.  At first I wasn't thrilled about going on dates with my DH, but now I really, really look forward to them.  We had to kind of rediscover why we fell in love, and in doing that I began to feel attractive again.  Also having my DH step up more and take on some more baby responsibilities helped.  I know this is kind of rambling, but yes you can feel sexy as a Mom.  HTH
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"