Cincinnati Babies

Call the doctor?

These are symptoms I might ignore in my older children, but just b/c she is newborn, I'm wondering...

Lila has a slightly elevated temp (99.7) and has been unusually fussy.  She was really hard to get to sleep last night, but once she did go down she stayed asleep and now she's having a rough day again, it seems.  Charlotte did have strep last week, but started her antibiotic Tuesday night, so I was thinking the rest of us were in the clear for getting it from her. 

Ava Caroline 8.27.07 I Charlotte Grace 5.18.09 I Lila Katherine 1.20.11

Re: Call the doctor?

• Given her fussiness with the fever and age, I would absolutely put a call in.
  • Yes, I would call.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'd call too, just since she's still so little
    Welcome to the world Finley Michael - born 2/13/2010 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers pregnancy
    Baby Sister is coming soon!
  • Well... still waiting on a call back from our doctor.  I already had the big girls go to my mom's house so they wouldn't have to miss their naps in the event that they wanted me to bring Lila in, but I'm guessing that since we're well into the afternoon they aren't going to be getting us in.  I'm not sure if they are just super busy or just don't think it's necessary. 

Anyhow... what can I do for her at home?  I've undressed her down to a onesie since she's warm and I can't give her anything, which is fine, I know the fever can be a good thing.   She seems to only be happy while napping on my chest (she's in the Moby) and she has an insatiable thirst while awake (another sign I think she may have a sore throat) but nursing her as much as she wants only makes her throw up.

Ava Caroline 8.27.07 I Charlotte Grace 5.18.09 I Lila Katherine 1.20.11

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"