TTC After a Loss
Options

A confession and an apology

So I went to my doctor this past week to ask for her thoughts about my BFPs last week that turned into negatives. I still haven't had a period. My beta 3 days after the 1st test was 0.

She thinks that the positives were false positives and maybe related to ovulation given that my OPKs were positive at the same time. I have to admit I was reading the test strips at 10mins and the instructions say to read them at 5mins. I had read at peeonastick.com that you can read tests at 10mins. Given that I got 3 BFP and had never seen an evap line on those before, I believed them.

I'm so sorry if this upsets anyone. Embarrassed It was an honest mistake and your support has meant the world to me! Thank you for all the congrats when I thought I had a BFP and all the hugs when I was worried that it was another miscarriage. I never want to take that support for granted. I hope you'll all accept this apology.

Now back to your regularly scheduled bumping Smile

BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.

Re: A confession and an apology

• Options
    I do not believe you need to apologize many {{{HUGS}}}}
    Hold On ....Michael Buble
    MTHFR 2 copies of C677t mutation homozygous 2/2010
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby A born via c-section 1/10/12 @38w3d
    BFP #1 11/4/09 m/c 4w3d baby crab
    BFP #2 12/4/09 m/c 9w3d baby lion
    BFP #3 7/1/10 m/c 4w1d baby fish
    BFP #4 5/8/11
    BFP #5 8/17/12 10dpo beta 7
  • Options
    (((Hugs))) Im sorry, but no need to apologize!

BFP#1 11.19.10 Missed MC 01.10.11 Sam & Alex
    BFP#2 05.08.11 Birthday 1.11.12 Peyton
    BFP#3 06.10.12 Birthday 2.14.13-Cooper Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Congrats to my buddy Ambs21! Welcome to the world Audrey!
    Congrats to my buddy Mork! Welcome sweet E!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have to agree. I see no need for an apology. I'm so sorry that happened though.

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

• Options
    Why are you apologizing?  You've done nothing wrong!  Big hugs to you.  I'm so sorry you had your hopes up.  That is a loss, in a way, even if they were false positives.  You still lost those hopes and dreams.  I'm sending lots of T&P that you'll get a real BFP soon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    No apology needed.  ~hugs~  I am sorry your back, but I am glad that the mistake was the only reason to be here!
  • Options
    Im sorry to hear that. The same thing happened to me last cycle. I got three BFP, then a BFN, and AF shortly after. Its definitely a let down. I know how your feeling.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies... you guys are the best and always make me feel better. I just felt embarrassed that I took everyone along for this crazy ride. It has been tough, so thanks for understanding. Hoping for AF soon!
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • Options
    Sorry you had to go through that. ((hugs))
  • Options
    No apologies needed! I'm sorry that you were put thru that experience no matter the cause!!
  • Options

imageambs21:
    Why are you apologizing?  You've done nothing wrong!  Big hugs to you.  I'm so sorry you had your hopes up.  That is a loss, in a way, even if they were false positives.  You still lost those hopes and dreams.  I'm sending lots of T&P that you'll get a real BFP soon.

I totally agree with this.  Here's more ((((HUGS)))) in case you haven't gotten enough yet :-)

• Options

imagehaziedaze:
    Thanks ladies... you guys are the best and always make me feel better. I just felt embarrassed that I took everyone along for this crazy ride. It has been tough, so thanks for understanding. Hoping for AF soon!

The crazy ride is why we're all here.  No embarrassment for you, missy.  Good luck!

• Options
    No apologies needed.  I am sorry you had to go through that.  ((hugs))
  • Options

No need to apologize but it was very nice of you to.

Hugs on all you are going thru!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • Options
    I'm sorry this happened to you.
  • Options
    No apology needed! I am sorry that you had to go through that. ((hugs))
  • Options
    I don't think an apology is even needed.  I would have thought the exact same thing - and been just as devestated.  ((HUGS))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    So sorry you got your hopes up to have it be something like that. Big (((Hugs))). I think that fact that you did apologize shows how classy you are and how much respect you have for all of the rest of us on the board. No need to apologize and I hope you get good news soon.
    BFP 7/27/10, no hb discovered 9/3/10, natural m/c 9/17/10
    BFP #2- 2/1/11,bleeding- 2/6/11, natural m/c @ 5wks
    BFP #3- 4/29/11 - DS born 12/31/11
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    TTCAL buddies with LilMaggs and psumel13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"