Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Pyloric Stenosis anyone?

I'm looking for information/advice regarding possible pyloric stenosis. I would love to hear from anyone whose LO has experienced this. DS has started spitting up increasingly more each day and today has started projectile vomiting after each feed. I took him to the pedi this morning and we are trying to rule out a few things including virus or milk allergy but pyloric stenosis was a possibility discussed. Any information would be appreciated!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Pyloric Stenosis anyone?

• Options

It runs in my family. My dad had it (there was no surgery to correct it then and their treatment darn near killed him) and two of my little brothers had it, and so did my nephew.

I am not an expert on this but from what I have learned from the doctors treating my family members, it is hereditary and is mainly in males. It can happen in girls but it isn't as common. It is common between certain ages... my little brothers were diagnosed by nine days of life and they were so dehydrated that it was a horrible nightmare and I will spare the details. In the three cases I have seen, you will know very quickly (within a matter of a couple days) if that is what it is. And if you have any question, it is just an ultrasound to check for it

Last week, we had some concerns about my ds having it but luckily just changing to a soy formula has helped us.

• Options
    Our Pedi sent us for an ultrasound as soon as we discussed it, and the ultrasound came back fine, we changed my diet and thickened feeds trying to keep the vomit down, but with no luck. We then went for an upper GI, which ruled out pyloric stenosis and found malrotation and reflux. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the information girls- lissa_emily you have a PM :)
  • Options

My wife and I are actually sitting in the hospital right now with our son who had the surgery this morning. Obviously if he begins to lose weight and the vomitting continues PS is a strong possibility. My son went 10 days vomitting everyday after about 90% of feedings. He had lost half a pound in 5 days so our pedi sent us immediately to the childrens hospital.

Had surgery this morning and just had his first round of formula an hour ago and so far so good.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"