March 2011 Moms
Options

It's strange not to be pregnant anymore...

I am beyond thrilled and happy that Katie is here and healthy, but it feels so weird not to be pregnant anymore. Although it was getting quite uncomfortable toward the end, I miss feeling her move inside me and having my pregnant belly.

Anyone else feel this way or am I just crazy??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: It's strange not to be pregnant anymore...

• Options
    My Bradley instructor mentioned this. She said that she'd absentmindedly rub her belly after the birth, forgetting that she had an outside baby now!
  • Options
    Haven't delivered yet but people keep telling me I'm going to miss it.  I honestly really DON"T think so though...my little man is CRAZY in there all of the time, i'm beyond congested/sick, and swelling etc.  I wanna meet my man!  bye bye belly, so I guess what I'm saying is...you're crazy!!  haha ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Apparently I rubbed my belly A LOT during pregnancy and now I do it out of habit.  Although it was very uncomfortable towards the end, I do miss feeling those kicks and punches but do love holding her in my arms!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ***raising hand*** I am soo happy to have Lily, but i must admit that I do miss being pregnant... for me, besides the fact that i got tired way faster, i was not "uncomfortable" yet... plus she never kicked me hard, so i miss feeling her inside me
  • Options
    I was pretty decently miserable by the end.  But, I miss my inside baby too.  The pains from growing a baby and keeping her safe were more satisfying than the current pains of engorgement and uterine shrinking.  It's wonderful to have her here healthy, but there have definitely been some tears over her not being an inside baby anymore.

• Options
    I missed it the first week, especially since she is my last, but now thst I am almost three weeks out I am pretty darn happy to never be pregnant again.
  • Options
    I miss it as well.  Since I had to be induced earlier than I expected due to some issues, I felt like I was cheated out of two weeks of her being mine only.  I felt empty the first few days.  It's really something I didn't expect.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Hubby just said "it's going to be weird not having you pregnant." as he touched my bump.  I agree and I don't, since the last few days have been hard on me.  I still have an inside baby but I didn't think anyone else thought about this.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    actually i don't miss being pregnant, but this morning was the first time since addison was born that i laid on my stomach.  like i just really remembered i don't have a big belly in the way.  it was crazy since she's 12 days old
    Bre Wrties
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"