September 2011 Moms
Options

Plus Size Mommies...help a sister out...

Sorry guys, but this is seriously driving me crazy.  I seriously get distressed when I see these posts that are like "Is it a bump yet?" and these beautiful, thin women are showing off the tiny little perfect bumps.  Then I look in the mirror and say..."huh...am I just getting fatter?"

I'm so excited for everyone, don't get me wrong, and I'm very happy to be a part of such a supportive online community, however...seriously...I just feel like I'm getting fatter, not really pregnant...er?  Then I ask my friends and they're like "well honestly, I can't tell a difference?" and then I think "GREAT...that means I've always looked like this and no one's bothered to tell me..."

I know, I know, it's annoying and I really didn't want to post this, but the insecure woman in me made me do it. :( 

So...plus size mommies...does anyone else have the fear that you'll go through the entire pregnancy and no one will be able to tell?  Just wondering if I'm the only crazy one out there...

"A grand adventure is about to begin." ~ Winnie the Pooh BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Plus Size Mommies...help a sister out...

• Options

Yes! I have been really "upset" (I guess would be the word) that I may never really "show". I knew that going in, but the hormones make the feeling worse. Aaaaand step-MIL who was overweight with her pregnancies and you could barely tell, she sent me a pic and said, "yeah you'll probably never show". Thanks for that!! I think we'll end up showing, just showing differently. Two nights ago DH told me he can tell I am "changing shapes" and that I am becoming more "egg shaped". IDK if its because he's sweet, but I feel like I notice a difference too...

For the record though, you look like you could be getting your bump :)

Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wedding Anniversary: August 7th 2010 BFP: December 22nd 2010 Beautiful Little Birthday: August 30th 2011

BLOG.

• Options
    imageajwils_04:

Sorry guys, but this is seriously driving me crazy.  I seriously get distressed when I see these posts that are like "Is it a bump yet?" and these beautiful, thin women are showing off the tiny little perfect bumps.  Then I look in the mirror and say..."huh...am I just getting fatter?"

I'm so excited for everyone, don't get me wrong, and I'm very happy to be a part of such a supportive online community, however...seriously...I just feel like I'm getting fatter, not really pregnant...er?  Then I ask my friends and they're like "well honestly, I can't tell a difference?" and then I think "GREAT...that means I've always looked like this and no one's bothered to tell me..."

I know, I know, it's annoying and I really didn't want to post this, but the insecure woman in me made me do it. :( 

So...plus size mommies...does anyone else have the fear that you'll go through the entire pregnancy and no one will be able to tell?  Just wondering if I'm the only crazy one out there...

Yes, I've thought this often. I also get a little sad when I see a petite woman post a bump picture, BUT I am happy for us all and I know it's just one of those things. Nothing we can change now.

Wyatt 9/6/2011 
    Tessa 7/5/2013
    Baby #3- ????? (ttc soon)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh, people will be able to tell, don't you worry!  I am overweight and I know my belly is popping out a bit, but I know no one else can tell.  I have always had a roundish stomach, even when I was not overweight.  But eventually you will "blossom" and everyone will know what's going on :)  It's fun.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Missed miscarriage discovered at 16 weeks on 10/11/10. Baby measuring 12 weeks. Natural miscarriage 10/12/10. We will miss you forever. Chemical pregnancy on June 2012.
  • Options

Thanks ladies!  It makes me feel better to know I'm not the only one worried about it!

• Options

I'm right there with you momma.  One thing that is comforting to me is that the skinny girls have to experience big butts, boobs, thighs all for the first time.  Even though we won't be "showing" like they will, our bodies will pretty much stay the same.  My goal is to not gain more than 15lbs... that should all be tummy, and i've weighed more than that before.  There is an up side to everything.  

And.  There are no ancient fertility goddesses shaped like skinny  girls.  They all look like us.  What does that tell you.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageKatywren:

I'm right there with you momma.  One thing that is comforting to me is that the skinny girls have to experience big butts, boobs, thighs all for the first time.  Even though we won't be "showing" like they will, our bodies will pretty much stay the same.  My goal is to not gain more than 15lbs... that should all be tummy, and i've weighed more than that before.  There is an up side to everything.  

And.  There are no ancient fertility goddesses shaped like skinny  girls.  They all look like us.  What does that tell you.

<3 This.  You = hero.

• Options
    Im plus sized.. though on the tinier end of plus size and im still battling the chub fat bump.. doesn't help that your belly turns to poo after a baby and so my DD pooch is still hanging out.. though slowly rising.. its still squishy.. however! There's a customer and she's plus size larger than me and though I couldn't tell for a long time she's finally showing.. though she's due pretty soon.. it'll happen.. it just depends on your body I know some thin women who never really showed either.. also had a friend who was plus size and didn't show.. either way don't give up hope yet! (Im sure this made near to no sense.. sorry!)
  • Options
    I'm on the smaller end of plus size also. I have a B belly and I swar just my upper part of my belly is starting to stick out even more then usual. That's not even where the baby is!!!! With DD no one knew I was pregnant till almost 8 months along. It was so depressing then all of a sudden people would ask when I was due and be thrown to the floor when I would say. I keep telling myself to stop being depressed. All we want is a healthy baby and hopefully I don't gain too much and can get it all off after.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image
  • Options
    People will be able to tell. And once you get a little further along and start wearing the maternity tops - that are designed to (and definitely do) make one look "pregnant" and not just fluffy - and then you'll just start subconsciously resting your hand on your belly.... people will know. Don't worry.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm with you too! This was actually going to be my FFC today.  It is a bit sad.  But on the plus side (haha) I'll save money on maternity clothes - won't need much!  With my DS I felt like I started to show more right under my boobs - that part of my abdomen - once that started "popping out" a bit people noticed.  Oh well - I guess we don't have to worry about people putting their hand on our pregnant bellies and invading our personal space! :)  Again just trying to find some positives.  It will be fine and the prize at the end of this journey is the same no matter what size the mommy is!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    As soon as I saw this I knew I had to post!!! I have had this fear since day 1 !! :) I am patiently waiting for an obvious baby bump, but for now we look about the same. Bigger to me, but not to anyone else. I hope we BOTH get a great big baby bump!!! lol
  • Options
    Yep, I worry about this myself. My coworker says I look pregnant, but I worry I just look fat. :( I do wear maternity shirts now cause my others are tight, so that helps.
    Who will it be? William Jamal or Madison Rose? BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Just waddle and hold your back, then everyone will know lol!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageKatywren:

I love this! Yes Anytime I hear the word "fertility" I always think of the Venus of Willendorf, she's my favorite!!

People have joked with me that I'm "Amazon"; really tall, and really large framed. I will never know what it's like to wear anything less than a size 15...but I totally agree that I'd rather keep my curves than ever give it up for a tush-less frame :) My BFF is plus sized, too, and I remember with her first pregnancy she was really down on herself because she gained 5 lbs total. She gained 8 lbs with her second pregnancy, but nobody ever asked her how far along she was either time. I noticed a difference, she was carrying her weight differently and actually looked very healthy (she started eating differently, so I think she actually lost weight in the beginning). I thought she absolutely glowed both times, and her babies are two of the healthiest kiddos I've ever met. No matter how big my bump gets, if I look as pretty during pregnancy as she did, and my kids are as healthy, I'll feel lucky!!

BabyName Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

imagebackinpgh:
    Just waddle and hold your back, then everyone will know lol!

Yes!! LOL! And make sure you do the hand over belly thing Big Smile

BabyName Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

OMG I just had this conversation with my  mom this morning- I have such I fear i wont have a bump.  I feel l ike the bump will be underneath my belly fat and my belly will just stay they same!!  I've had a friend that was PS and she never got a bump- I'm so nervous about that....Here's to hoping for Bigger BUMP belly's!!! 

(who ever thought I would be HOPING for a bigger belly) LOL

BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"