Orange County Babies
Options

Calips

Hi! Sorry I can't help with daycare recs. I have an awesome in-home providor but she does't do part time anymore :( But when Hannah is ready for pre-school I am going to put her part time where Cole went an that's at Harbor Trinity in Costa Mesa.

Anyway, I will be hiring a mother's helper for the next baby to help me with everything. What agency did you use to find your nanny? Do you rec them?

Thanks

Re: Calips

• Options

What age do they take at Harbor Trinity?  I am investigating preschools now and have her on the waiting list for a few.

I found our nanny through referral because my best friend had her first.  We shared her and split the week.

How many days are you looking for for the new baby?  My mother had a live-in for my younger bro and sister and she is very close with our family.  Her very good friend who we have also known is a nnany and was just cut back from 4 days to 2 days a week by the family she is with.  She is looking for another 2 days.  If you are interested, let me know.

I have decided to explore options other than a private nanny for S so she can benefit from other kids and structured activities, but loved the in home help when she was small.

Michele

Mom to Skylar Kayla and Beck Dylan

• Options

Hi! Harbor Trinity takes from 2 so you're fine. It is Christian based in case you are for or not for that. And they are ok with non-potty traine I think you just pay a small diapering fee as most places charge. It's off Baker and Fairview. And obviousl they have part time 2 or 3 days whih ever you want. I am going to put Hannah in part time in Feb once she turns 2 for the same reason. I want her to be around other kids and socialize more and be in a "school" surrounding while play based. Anyway, that's where she will most likely go.

As for the nanny, we waon't need someone until like Feb so unfortunately I can't help the lady out. And I think we are looking for more like 4-5 half days. I have some time so I will keep asking around.

Thanks for your help though!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks for the info.  I will check out Harbor Trinity.  I assume you highly recommend it?

Michele

• Options

It's been a few years since Cole is now in 2nd grade, but th same Director is there (Jennifer) and some of the same teachers as well. I liked it alot and he did too. As with any place, it's what you are most comfortable with ya know. We're Christian but I'm not totally into it like I probably should be haha. Anyway, I was happy to have Cole somewhere that could teach him about God without embedding it into him because I wasn't as often as I should. He's still in a Christian school now. Anyway, it's not hard core but enough where he gets that influence ya know?

Oh I am an idiot! You should also check out where he goes now too. Prince of Peace off Baker and Mesa Verde (by the public library). I forgot because they werent offering part time preschool but now they do. The only thing I'm not sure about is the potty training, I need to find out. Anyway, their website is popcostamesa.com. I really like it there too so now I have 2 options.

• Options

I forgot to give you the website for HT. It actually has info and tuition info. Aww maybe they will be at the same school! I know you will start Skylar sooner but maybe they will see each other later and be friends :)

https://harbortrinity.org/preschool.asp

• Options

Thanks for the link.  Our family is not church going but I was raised Catholic.  But, I know many preschools are run my churches, so I am open to that.  As long as it isn't too hard core.

I am going to call and schedule a tour sine S will be 2 soon and she may love going to "school."

We should schedule a playdate for Hannah and Skylar one of these days!

Michele

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"