Breastfeeding
Options

Breast to cup...

DS has refused to take a bottle since he was 6 weeks old, so my only hope at this point is a sippy cup...anyone else successfully gone straight from breast to cup?  Any suggestions?

Re: Breast to cup...

• Options

That's what I'm planning on doing... I've read a lot of positive things about doing that. I SAH so a bottle has never really been necessary.

Good luck!

• Options
    I did- and so glad!  I started early (3 months), though, b/c DD was trying to fall in the tub to drink the bathwater!  With pedi's okay, I started offering a few sips of water while in the tub.  She loved it, and it wasn't messy.  Within a couple weeks she would snatch the cup and dump it all over her face trying to drink it, but with guidence got it.  Then I started offering water or BM in a cup with meals when we started solids at 6 months.  By 7 months I intro'd the sippy and she just knew what to do.  SHe is NOT picky and will try to drink from any remotely round container we give her- good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

we are doing the same thing b/c DS wont take a bottle either.  we've been putting small amounts of BM in a sippy and offering it to him a couple times a day for the past month or so.  we hold the cup for him, but he likes to play around with the handles; it can get a little messy, but he is definitely more open to the sippy cup than the bottle and it also gets easier with practice!  i go back to work in about 2 weeks so we'll see how it goes when DH offers him bigger amounts.

btw, we tried a couple different kinds--nuby, playtex, nuk, born free--and the nuby seemed to be the easiest for him to drink from.

good luck!

• Options
    Have you tried just a regular little-kid cup? We've been helping DS with it since he was 6 months, and he drank breastmilk out of it once or twice (you have to hold it for them, but for DS, just wants to chew on the sippy cup spout). hth
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"