High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Stairs while on bed rest

Hi everyone

I had an emergency cerclage put in last week. So far I'm doing okay. I do have funneling but everything is holding so far. I'm 20 weeks.

My doctor put me on bed rest. I have bathroom/shower privileges and he even said I can sit up at the dinner table every once in awhile. Just to take it very easy. He said i could go up/down the stairs in the house too.

Since I've been home from the hospital (3 days!) I went down for dinner twice now. Tonight I'm not going. I'm starting to get nervous. I don't want to risk it and think maybe walking up/down, etc. is too much? 

Does anyone else do the stairs?

Thanks!!! 

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Stairs while on bed rest

• Options
    When I was on bedrest with #2, I was allowed bathroom privileges, one shower and could make myself 2 light meals a day.  I did my bedrest on the couch, not on my bed.  So I would wake up and shower then go down the stairs.   I stayed down there since I had couch/bathroom/kitchen there.  Then I would go up the stairs at bedtime.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    CMM05CMM05 member

I go up and down the stairs probably more than I should.....but I don't have a choice :( I have 2 kids and we don't have enough help. I've been on bedrest since 17 weeks and I still have several weeks to go.

We have about 6 steps up from the 1st floor to our Master and then 6 more from the Master to the kids room/playroom/their bathroom. I just go slow. It is literally unavoidable for me.

I do try and limit the times I go up and down, but again, I'm in a sticky situation because I have 2 other kids to take care of.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagejerol:
    When I was on bedrest with #2, I was allowed bathroom privileges, one shower and could make myself 2 light meals a day.  I did my bedrest on the couch, not on my bed.  So I would wake up and shower then go down the stairs.   I stayed down there since I had couch/bathroom/kitchen there.  Then I would go up the stairs at bedtime.

This is what I do! I refuse to go up and down!! 

• Options
    for the last 8 weeks on strict home bedrest...i've only been "allowed" up for bathroom and a shower - and allowed to use the stairs once a day.  and i do to go up to bed and that's it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I am going to try for every other day - every other day shower, every other day go downstairs once. Very exciting stuff...! LOL
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"