Indiana Babies

so we won't go a whole day without a new post...

Who else is psyched for March Madness? I'm more than a little excited that my maternity leave coincides with the tournament, so I can watch all of the games :) Plus, Chris is taking off work to watch the games too so he will be home with me and Connor those days.  I've been watching conference tourney games all week!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: so we won't go a whole day without a new post...

• I am beyond excited!  I'm a little obsessed with college basketball.  I take it you're not a Dish Network customer?  :)  They had better get this CBS contract dispute thing figured out by next Thursday.  Although, it's looking like I may be in Chicago at the first and second round games and maybe it won't be an issue. 

It's awesome that your husband will be home with you to watch next week.  DH and I took off both days last year and plopped ourselves in front of the tv for 12+ hours each day.  It was glorious.   

• Honestly, I am already bummed about March Madness. I am a Boilermaker and am still mourning the loss of Robbie Hummel this season. It was supposed to be our year.

::sigh::

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagebrithil:

Honestly, I am already bummed about March Madness. I am a Boilermaker and am still mourning the loss of Robbie Hummel this season. It was supposed to be our year.

Ye of little faith!

I think the Boilermakers have definitely proven that this can still be their year, despite a careless loss at Iowa last week.  JJ is the Big Ten Player of the Year, and E'Twaun is first team.  Definitely not a down year.  

Chin up, there are still high hopes for them!  I'll be in Chicago cheering them on, that's for sure! 

• imageSweetTea*83:
    imagebrithil:

Honestly, I am already bummed about March Madness. I am a Boilermaker and am still mourning the loss of Robbie Hummel this season. It was supposed to be our year.

Ye of little faith!

I think the Boilermakers have definitely proven that this can still be their year, despite a careless loss at Iowa last week.  JJ is the Big Ten Player of the Year, and E'Twaun is first team.  Definitely not a down year.  

Chin up, there are still high hopes for them!  I'll be in Chicago cheering them on, that's for sure! 

I know, but I really want the championship. We will still do well, but it would be even better with Hummel. I am glad he will return next year, but then Johnson & Moore will be gone. Oh well, I am keeping my fingers crossed & cheering them on regardless!

• imagebrithil:
    imageSweetTea*83:
    imagebrithil:

Ye of little faith!

I know, but I really want the championship. We will still do well, but it would be even better with Hummel. I am glad he will return next year, but then Johnson & Moore will be gone. Oh well, I am keeping my fingers crossed & cheering them on regardless!

Fair enough.  :)  I agree, I think they could have gone all the way with Hummel.  I can't even imagine how good they would be.  I remember where I was when I heard about the 2nd tear...I wanted to throw up.  Mainly because he is such a good guy and it sucks for him to miss out on this senior year experience with the teammates he's played with forever.  C'est la vie.  Without personally knowing him of course, I think it's fair to say based on how he's handled the situation that he will be successful in life no matter what, and that makes me feel a little better for him.  Haha! 

• I'm a born and bred Hoosier fan but, um, well...you know... it's tough these days :) So, I'll be rooting hard for the Boilers, as well as Butler and ISU. We have a unique tourney pool among our family and friends that makes all the games fun to watch; can't wait to fill out my bracket! 

• imagemarleysmom:
    I'm a born and bred Hoosier fan but, um, well...you know... it's tough these days :) So, I'll be rooting hard for the Boilers, as well as Butler and ISU. We have a unique tourney pool among our family and friends that makes all the games fun to watch; can't wait to fill out my bracket! 

Wow, you are a better lady than I! I don't think I could ever root for the Hoosiers regardless of the situation. It's like I have a natural hatred towards anything crimson and cream. I blame my upbringing :)

My uncle is a band director/instructor at Butler. He gets to travel with the team & band to all of the games. He is really excited for this year.

• imagebrithil:

I don't think I could ever root for the Hoosiers regardless of the situation. It's like I have a natural hatred towards anything crimson and cream. I blame my upbringing :)

I definitely used to be that way, but I guess when IU started sucking I needed someone to root for and I had a lot of Big 10 pride and Indiana (the state) pride. It also got a lot easier to cheer on Purdue once Keady left :) Now Duke and Kentucky, on the other hand - they are pure evil!

• i hear ya about the hooisers!  i love them:)
  • i love march madness...for the basketball ball of course....and also b/c it means it's spring break time! :)
  • We have IU season tickets, and it's still fun to go to the games.  Give us 2 years and we'll be back in contention.  We've come a long way in the past 2 years and if wasn't for injuries to 3 of our best players we would have been much better.  Most of the games were lost by 10 points or less. 
  • imageSusieDMB:
    We have IU season tickets, and it's still fun to go to the games.  Give us 2 years and we'll be back in contention.  We've come a long way in the past 2 years and if wasn't for injuries to 3 of our best players we would have been much better.  Most of the games were lost by 10 points or less. 

YesYes

I believe!!

• March Madness falls on the week of IUPUI spring break, which means no teaching for me... we have a whole group of friends who take a half day on that Friday and meet at a bar and watch games all afternoon, so I'm super excited about that.  I freaking love March Madness -- the first four days are the best four days of the year for sporting events.

I'm a Michigan State fan, so it's been a frustrating year... I'm rooting for Purdue too, and Butler... and against Duke.  Other than that, I just want to see some upsets and some buzzer beaters.

#PerfectStrangers

2012 Races:
    1/28 - Planet Adventure night trail 1/4-marathon - 1:25:47
    3/24 - Sam Costa half marathon - 2:02:47
    4/14 - Hoosier 10 miler - 1:25:21 (8:32) PR!
    7/8 - XTERRA Freedom Fest Hawaii 10K
    9/1 - Indianapolis Women's Half Marathon
    10/20 - Indianapolis Marathon Relay
    11/4 - Monumental Marathon (full marathon #2)
    11/22 - Drumstick Dash 4.5mi
  • Amy - your Spartans won a close one!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"