Potty Training

Knowing when to go???

I posted this on 24+ board but then remembered about this one.

How long did it take your LO to know they had to go pee?  I've had DD in underwear for 2 days and she seems to be telling me "pee pee" but not until she's already gone in her pants.  Does she just not know yet when she has to go in order to get to the potty before it comes out?  Any suggestions on making it easier/quicker?

Re: Knowing when to go???

• This is a bit of an issue for me too. 

DD has been in underwear for a week, and she always tells me when she has to poop, but it is hit or miss with peeing.  In the beginning, I let her have accidents and she would immediately jump up and say she had to go to the toilet and would finish peeing there, and she seemed to be learning from that.  Now that we are out and about, I am putting her on more frequently.  When I see she has to go ("dancing around" or grabbing herself) I will tell her to remind me when she needs to go and if she doesn;t ask to go, I will go in and pee myself (she always follows me) and she will want to get on too - once she pees, I point out that she was holding it in and needs to tell me when she feels that way so we can go to the bathroom.  I think it eventually clicks naturally. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"