Maryland Babies
Options

Is there a convertible car seat stroller frame?

I swear I've seen frames you can buy for convertible car seats, I've googled and I can't find one.  We are thinking about traveling soon and I think this would be the easiest way to get his car seat on the plane.
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Is there a convertible car seat stroller frame?

• Options

If you are bringing DS and the Conv car seat I HIGHLY recommend GOGO kidz travel mate.  It is basically like luggage wheels for the car seat.  It works great.  It has roller blade wheels so it rides nice and smooth.  DS did not fall asleep on the plane but fell asleep wheeling him through the airport(:   A little pricey.  BRU has it if you have a coupon?  We broke down and decided to get it the day before we left so we could not price check/order on line.  

Depending on the car seat you have you can roll it right down the aisle.  Our main one is a Britax and that would never fit.  We had gotten our 2nd car seat with this in mind.  It is a sunshine kids and it is narrow.  Fits perfect.  No big deal if yours is wider just plan ahead and get DS out of the seat before getting on the plane so you can lift it over the seats.  Good luck. 

• Options

What kind of stroller and what kind of carseat do you have? 

We have have rigged up a system to get our carseat on the plane using our regular stroller...  

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We borrowed one when we went to Florida last year, but it didn't work w/ our carseat - which we discovered on the curb at the airport - it was fun!  It wasn't really any harder to just carry it though.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

Is your DS too young to be worn in an ergo or mei tai?  I have always had the most success wearing mine through the airport and using our stroller as a dolly for the carseat.  This is what we did when it was just DD.  We would gate check the car seat and stroller to help minimize the likelihood of them being damaged or lost. 

I know some parents are able to use the latch belts as makeshift backpack straps and carry the car seat thru the airport like that- or fasten the carseat to the back/top of a wheelie suitcase and transport it through the airport like that- but that would mean bringing a fairly large wheelie carry-on. 

Here is what we do now at the airport- we now travel w/ 2 britax marathons & a bugaboo stroller w/ a boogie board, an ergo and our kids + luggage. 

DS goes in the ergo, w/ the diaper bag attached to the ergo. 

The 2 car seats get nested together and laid on the seat of the stroller, which we set horizontally for this purpose, if we really have it together we attach them w/ bungie cords.  DD rides on the boogie board of the stroller and I push this whole set up while DH handles the luggage- which we of course check.  We put the stroller & car seats through security and gate check the stroller and DS's car seat, DD's carseat comes on with us. 

The only part of this that really takes up extra time is when we get off the plane and have to wait for the stroller and car seat to be brought up. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

We HAD (as in, DH left it behind the car 2 weekends ago when he was out on his own and just drove away with it fully up just sitting behind the car, sigh) a maxi cosi perle as our lightweight stroller, which might be what we get again.  I have a Sleepy Wrap that I haven't used in a few months with John, but not a more structured carrier (should have gotten the one I saw on zulily a few weeks ago).

we might just strap the seat to the stroller like you suggested daisy.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"