Birth Stories
Options

Madison's Birth Story (22 plus stitches later)

Madison Elaine was born 02/19/11 after a very long, tiring delivery.  She was 6 lbs 11 oz, 19 1/2 in delivering at 1040am.

Friday 02/10 after a wonderful day of shopping and going out to dinner with my husband we arrived home to relax.  After watching TV for an hour I decided to take a nice bath to relax. (FYI no contractions or any sign I was about to go into labor occured)   After using the restroom I put my feet into the water and splash!!! I was not sure if it was my water so I stopped the bath, got out and sat on the toilet.  I then had another, then another small splash. I put on a pad, told my husband who raced up and began packing the small items not already in our bag.  (I have never seen him move).  I was very calm, called my MD office and awaited the call back to go to the hospital. 

We arrived at the hospital around 2140 and was put in triage.  They did all the checks of BP, HR, and made sure it really was my water. (Girl next to me thought her's had also broke but I overheard them tell her she had not and was sent home).  We then were checked into our room and I was told to walk, walk, and keep walking to start contractions.  At 0001 my MD approved for me to have Potocin to help kickstart labor.  Family and friends joined us over the next couple hours then we laid down to sleep around 0300. At that point contractions really started and I went from O my goodness to HOLY SH.. get me meds in an hour. 

At 0400 my savior arrived with the epidural.  I had it in and it was taking effect by 0430.  It was an amazing feeling.  With every contraction before this I had the urge to pee and had gone about 20 times already  so now no pain and no urge.  They did drain me 3 times and all times were over 4 in my bladder which I am told is a lot. 

Around 0745 I began having pain again and another dose was given and the MD arrived back to start the pushing process.  At 0830 I began to push, and push, and push.  It was the most painful thing I have ever done and my meds seemed to be wearing down.  Around 1000 concern started to grow, I was exhausted and the baby just seemed to not be moving down the canal.  (Later to find out my pelvic bone and canal had stopped allowing movement).  The MD mentioned the vaccum and at this point I just said "get it now".  She informed me of the Mommy consequences but I didn't care.  (I later found out that my name was being placed on the emergency C-Section list and they were preparing for my arrival).  Around 1030 I gave three of the hardest pushes of my life with a vacum inisde me (o so painful).  My MD then began cutting on my to open me up more.  Three more pushes and I felt a gush and baby Madison was born.  She was rushed to the warmer where the NICU team was with her father.  I delivered the placenta and my MD began to numb me for all the stitches.  Madison was announced as being perfect and Daddy was given our baby girl while I was worked on.   After layers of stitchs, 3rd degree tears, and apx 22 (plus) stitches I was ready to hold my daughter. 

2 hours later we were moved to our recovery room.  Family and friends visited until around 1600.  After they left I got up to go to the bathroom and when I dropped my pants I had 6 huge blood clots drop all over the floor and toilet.  I called for my husband to get a nurse.  He called for her, opened the door and almost passed out. (He is an EMT/Firefighter so he deals all the time with blood).  The nurse rushed in, then more, then MD's rushed in.  I was cleaned up and taken to bed and examined by almost the entire floor of MD's and nurses.  My MD was called and she arrived shortly after.  They restarted my labor to help frim up my Fungus (esp?) and ut walls.  Later that night I had another clot but nothing like before. 

The next day (Sunday) we welcomed guests throughout the day and were monitored very closely.  We were released Monday afternoon with specific instructions on how to care for mommy and baby. 

Wed we had a nurse come to our home (apart of delivering at our hospital).  She checked on baby who has lost 1lbs but that is normal with breastfeeding.  She also check on me and my stitches which are healing well.  It was amazing to have her in our home to answer all those much needed questions. 

Madison is doing amazing, breastfeeding is on and off depending on the time.  I love being a mommy and I can't wait to watch our little girl grow up. 

Good luck everyone still waiting to have there little girl or boy and congrats to everyone in February for thier bundle of joy!!!!

2nd EDD 02/01/13 - MC 5 1/2 weeks 6/5/12. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Madison's Birth Story (22 plus stitches later)

• Options
    Congratulations on the birth of Madison. Wow how scary, but I'm glad to hear that both of you are doing well.

• Options
    congrats---quite a story!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congratulations on holding baby Madison after such a dificult labor.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

CONGRATS!! Very scary.

Just wondering because I'm alittle confused. Her birth date is the 2/19 but you went into labor 2/10? I wasn't sure if it was a typo or not or I was just missing something.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"