March 2011 Moms

a not so great appt today...

So I have been seeing the nurse practitioner because my dr is out of town. She told me today that I am measuring between 40-41 weeks and I will be 38 weeks tomorrow. She told me if could be big baby or high amniotic fluid...they are sending me for an ultrasound tomorrow. I am really nervous because all along I have measured right on...it seems weird to me that all of a sudden I would be measuring 3 to 4 weeks ahead? Anyone dealing with this experience?

ETA: changed spelling sorry girls! 

Re: a not so great appt today...

• Fundal height really doesn't mean much. Baby's position, fluid levels, etc. can all change it a lot. At my 37 week appt I measured 30, and I have already had an u/s that shows she's doing just fine. She just dropped and is a smaller baby and I carry small. That easily goes the other direction too. And the measurements themselves vary since it isn't an exact science. I'm sure everything is fine!
  • At my 36 week appointment I was measuring 40. Then at my 37 week 42. So he gave my an ultrasound to see what was up and the baby was estimated at 6 and a half pounds 53rd percentile, and my fluid was good. They figured the reason I was measuring bigger is I am shorter, and my belly has nowhere to go but up and out. So there was nothing to worry about with me. I am sure you are fine! Don't worry. And like pp said, fundal height is not accurate at all. there are alot that can affect that. Position and such! Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"