Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Moms of toddlers

How are your evenings? Right now we get dd1 to bed around 7:30, then pass off dd2 while one of us makes dinner, we eat, we hold her while we watch tv, then keep her up with us until we go tp bed at 11ish. At some point I'd like to get her down earlier so we can relax. But I can't for the life of me see how this is going to work, at least until the girls can bathe together. What do you do?
"Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut

Re: Moms of toddlers

• DH gets home from work around 5:30.  We eat while DD is either in her bouncer or one of us is holding her.  Around 6:30 is bath time, DH gives DS a bath while I give DD hers.  DH takes DD around 7-7:30 for a bottle and bed.  I put DS to bed around 8.  DD gets up around midnight to eat then again around 4am I get up with her both times. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DH gets home from work around 4:30/5:00.  DS takes a last catnap (usually) around 5-5:30.  Either DH or I will start dinner while the other one plays with DD.  Dinner is usually on the table around 6:15.  We all eat together, and DS sits next to the table with us in his RnP.  Whoever finishes eating first quickly does dishes and cleans up the kitchen while the other one finishes eating and helps DD finish her dinner.  Bathtime is usually around 6:45 or so.  DH does DD's bath and jammies, while I do DS's bath and jammies (DD bathes in her bathroom and DS bathes in our bathroom).  DH then reads DD a couple of stories or snuggles with her on the couch while they watch an episode of Olivia.  While they do this, I take DS into his room and give him his bedtime bottle.  After he's done I lay him down and he puts himself to sleep.  Then I brush DD's teeth (DH doesn't like this so I do it) and we both put DD to bed.  Both kids are usually in bed 7:30-7:45.

It took a few weeks to really get a routine going, but now it works really really well.  It can get kinda crazy before dinner if DS doesn't take a final catnap.  Then he's cranky and we're having to juggle a fussy baby, plus cooking dinner, plus keeping DD occupied.  But for the most part it goes really smoothly, but it definitely takes both of us doing our part.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We both get home around 6:00 p.m.  We feed and bathe DD1 right away.  She plays for a little while and is in bed around 6:45-7:00.  DH and I then eat.  We feed DD2 one last time around 9:30 and put her to bed.  She sleeps until around 4:00 a.m.  We feed her and put her right back down until we wake her to go to the sitters at 6:30.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Well, right now I am living with my parents while my H is in job training in another state, until I can join him, but:

I'm home all day. My mom comes home 5:30. She usually wears Adie and cooks dinner while I spend some alone time playing with Bug, or vice versa. Eat at 630ish. Bug gets a bath every other night, then play time until 8pm. Bottle then bed. On nights of no bath, just extended playtime.

Once I join H, I will be pretty much on my own until after bedtime. Wish me luck haha.

How old is your DD1? Monkey was 3 when Bug was born and I just made him my special helper. Way easy and fun. But other than that, I just babywear as much as humanly possible.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DH gets home from work at 7:00, dinner is on the table so we eat right away as a family. After dinner DH holds DD (6 weeks) and plays with DS (19 months) while I clean up, then DH gets DS ready for bed while I tend to DD. Then DH holds DD while I rock DS and sing him lullabies for about 5 minutes then put him in his crib (he puts himself to sleep), THEN if DD is showing tired signs I get her swaddled, sing her her bedtime lullaby and put her in her RnP with her paci and she puts herself to sleep (usually). All of this is usually done by about 8:30 or 9:00. It's not a perfect system and there are times when DD is up until 11:00 or so from just being stubborn about going to sleep, but we're working the kinks out and it seems to be getting better and smoother.
    252855_10150214241312114_262494087113_7012916_3895481_n-2Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker Siggy check.
  • Our problem is reverse. DS#3 (6 weeks old) goes to bed around 8 but our 2 year old fights sleep until at least 9 or 930 each night. He has always been a poor sleeper! I am so jealous of mommies who can just tuck in their toddlers, say night night and leave the room.

We have dinner and play a bit. Then bath time for my older 2 boys around 7pm. 5 year old goes to bed at 7:30. Baby at 8. Then we spend FOREVER rocking our toddler and trying to wind him down.

• DD gets home from daycare around 5 (it will be more around 6 when I go back to work in a 1.5 weeks). We play, eat dinner (as a family), and then bath and bedtime. She's in bed around 7:30. DS will then get a bath, eat, and bed around 8:30pm. He sleeps until 5am, eats, then back to bed until about 8am.
    Camryn Grace ~ July 6th, 2009 ~ 7lbs 9oz, 20.5" Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    Brayden Richard Drew ~ December 20, 2010~7lbs 9oz, 20" Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"