Texas Babies
Options

New to the area and pregnant

Hello, We are new to the area and pregnant with our second child.  I am having a hard time trying to find a doctor and hospital that I would like to have the baby at.  If anyone could help me out with some info that would be awesome.  Thank you!!!

Re: New to the area and pregnant

• Options

I moved here in April and was just starting my 2nd trimester when I had to find a doctor. I was highly recommended Dr. Villanueva on Sonterra. He only delivers at Stone Oak Methodist (a new hospital). I had a wonderful experience.

If you aren't on the North side, there is always the med center.

Good luck! 

• Options
    I love Dr. Brian Harle at Seven Oaks Women's Center. He is located in the med center and delivers at Methodist.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Dr Brian Harle is also my Dr. I have seen him for years and he just delivered my first child this past November. Like she said, he is at Seven Oaks Womens Center and delivers at Main Methodist. His staff and all the ladies in the office are beyond kind and so sweet. I've never had a bad experience. His partner Dr Bryan Cox who is in the same office as him comes highly recommended. He (dr Cox) did my son's circumcision and couldn't be any nicer! You would be pleased with either Dr in my opinion. Also, my stay at Methodist was amazing and I had great nurses! From labor/delivery to post partum it was a great experience all around. My best friend delivered her first baby as well just yesterday thru Dr Harle/Methodist. Her, her mother, another best friend of mine and my cousin ALL see Dr Harle. Needless to say He's a great choice!

• Options
    I see Dr. Hedges at Seven Oaks and he is also wonderful. He delivered my first two (16 and 10) and will deliver this as well. He is very personable and answers all my questions no problem. I had great experiences at the Methodist Hospital with both kids also.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I see Dr. Williams and she only delivers at Methodist.  I had a wonderful experience and LOVE my OB.
  • Options

I see Dr. Harle as well and have always had pleasant experiences.  He (VERY patiently) saw me through all my freaking out during my twin pregnancy and made my c-section the most wonderful experience for me and my husband...keeping us fully at ease before, during, and after the whole thing. 

So I also delivered at Methodist and it was a great experience.  My L&D nurse was phenomenal!  I couldn't have asked for better and the nurse on duty the day we were discharged was so great I asked her if she could just hop in the back and come home with us!  The food is awful (IMO) at Methodist, but I didn't have an appetite anyway except for Subway which visitors provided.  :) 

• Options
    Thank you everyone for your responses and help.  We have decided to go with Dr. Brian Harle after so many of you recommended him.  Thanks again for all your help.
  • Options
    I'm late too the thread but I absolutely love Dr. Jacobs with Lonestar Ob/gyn.   She delivers at boyh Methodist and St Lukes Baptist.   She has such a calm reassuring bedside manner and nothing seems to phase her.  Her staff is awesome the front desk knows who I am and are extremely courteous.  I originally wanted to go to a birthing center but after she delivered my first I'm planning on using her for ant subsquent deliveries.
  • Options
    San Antonio Birth Center!!
  • Options
    Great info! We're expecting our 4th....yes I said 4th, baby and were looking for a new Dr. because of a bad experience with my previous one. My two choices were Dr. Harle & Hedges. But wasn't sure on Methodist, now I feel better. Thanks ladies.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"