March 2011 Moms
Options

Explaining things to LO ...

I got the baby book in the mail today!! :-) Thanks everyone for the recommendations a couple weeks ago.

There are a bunch of pages that can be filled out before the baby comes, like about the pregnancy, etc. so I decided to get started on it. DH and I were sitting on the couch, he was watching TV and I was looking through the book . . .

"How Mommy & Daddy Met" ... umm... in the baby book? We were in a bar, and I came with another guy, and DH came up to us and was like "who is this joker? you should be with someone better ... " and introduced himself. I don't know if THAT is going in there next to the adorable giraffe picture.

"When we found out we were pregnant" ... umm, I asked DH to turn off the TV because I wanted to talk to him and he was in a silly mood and wouldn't turn it off, and then I got really upset and said he REALLY had to turn off Dog the Bounty Hunter, and he jokingly asked if i was pregnant, and then took one look at my face and realized I was, and we both get all excited .... with Dog the Bounty Hunter on in the background.

"When we found out you were a boy/girl" ... DH said that this was his curse for all of the girls he played until he met me. Then he made all these jokes that had the ultra sound technician almost peeing her pants. I'm trying to remember if he said anything during the appointment that I can feel okay writing in the baby book. He DID pick out her name later that evening, so maybe I can write about that...

Re: Explaining things to LO ...

• Options
    I think your stories are entertaining. I think you should put in there what you feel comfortable with. Our baby book asks what a big news event was and we put in Charlie Sheen and a joke about winning. I feel that the baby book is more for DH and I than it is for LO. My mom still has my baby book. Just write what you feel comfortable with. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am glad you have some kind of filter and realize that some things maybe shouldn't be in the baby book with the giraffe!

My FIL seems to have no filter at all and even at our rehearsal dinner he found a way to bring up the various cities in which his children were conceived.  WTH?

You are a great parent already in my book! :-)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I hear ya. I have the same thing going on with me book. How DH and I met... "It was a blind date and I found his pink hair to be dumb so I left. I then found out he was 19, I was 16, he had a car and a job so I went back out with him. And from then on he wouldnt leave me alone. No really, I tried breaking up with him and he told me no. 6 years later I have no idea what I would do without him." That story just makes me sound bad but hey I was 16!

When I found out I was pregnant..." It was 6am and I had to go to work so I quickly took the test, told hubby who refused to get off the computer for two seconds to have a face to face talk. DH: really? Me: yes, I have to go to work now, we'll talk about this later." What a beautiful story. 

• Options

How we met: "We lived down the hall from each other our junior year of college but it wasn't until one night after mommy had had too much to drink and was throwing up in a trash can that daddy decided that any girl who drinks that much must be pretty cool."

How I told him: "Promise me you won't be angry." "What'd you do." "I got pregnant." 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"