January 2011 Moms
Options

How long did it take for your LO umbilical stump to fall off?

The doc said it would be 1-2 weeks. We're on 21 days. How long did it take for your LO's stump to fall off?

Re: How long did it take for your LO umbilical stump to fall off?

• Options
    My son is 26 days and his stump just fell off today. My DH found it stuck to his diaper when he was changing him. DH made fun of me for crying. Sad
    BFP 11/04/08, confirmed fetal demise @ 6 wks 01/02/09, D&C 01/06/09, blood clot in uterus 01/13/09, pathology determined PMP 01/16/09
    BFP 07/03/09, no fetal pole 08/11/09, miscarriage 08/22/09
    BFP 05/10/10, Rhys Padrig born 01/27/11
  • Options
    LO is 25 days old and he still has his stump. He had an IV through it which can extend the length of time it's there. We're trying to get it to fall off (with the help of his care nurses) and we use an alcohol wipe at every care time or diaper change to help dry it out. His primary nurse said some can last for over a month.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Day 5, dh was giving him a bath & got it wet, then it came off in diaper.
  • Options
    A week...just watch it to make sure it is not infected and if concerned call doctor.
    Hope (32), James (36), Sophee (1 year old), McKenzee (7 weeks) CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    5 Days, it fell off on its own... we thought that was long LOL
  • Options
    it fell off yesterday at twenty five days old.  it seemed to take forever since we were told two weeks but looks healthy to me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket
  • Options
    DS's fell off after six days.
  • Options
    It only took a week for my LO's stump to fall off.
  • Options
    a few days shy of 3 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Day 4
  • Options
    About two and a half weeks - it fell off right before I had to take him to his 2wk checkup.
  • Options
    DD (child #2) by day 6, but DS's took 2 weeks
  • Options
    Just fell off today.  7  weeks Tongue Tied
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Options
    I think it was day 9
    image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • Options
    It was right before she was two weeks old.
    IMG_5889 Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    So funny.. After this conversation, my son's fell off yesterday. 3w4d.
  • Options
    DS's fell off at 10 days... on DH. (lol) He was so grossed out; I thought it was funny....
  • Options

DD - 9 days

DS - 12 days

• Options
    A little less than 2 weeks. I accidentally caught it on a onsie, and it kind of ripped off, though. Tongue Tied It was pretty much hanging by a thread by that point anyway.

For this child I prayed, and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of him.
    1 Samuel 1:27
    DX PCOS
    Success with #1 after Femara + Trigger + IUI Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    10 days
  • Options
    About 30 days...and then only because it snagged on my shirt and ripped a little.  The doctor said just to put some polysporin on the scab and watch for infection, otherwise not to worry that it took so long.  Although I just realized the other day that deep inside her bellybutton (sort of hidden by her tummy skin) there is still a piece of dried out cord hanging on for dear life, and she is 7 weeks old.  We've been giving her real baths for weeks now--oops.  I guess I'll ask the ped about it next week.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"