Pennsylvania Babies

baby shower locations?

Starting to think about potential baby shower locations around the Mechanicsburg area, including Camp Hill, Harrisbugr, Hershey. Anyone have any recommendations? We don't want to do a hotel ballroom but would love something unique like a bed-and-breakfast or a cute restaurant. Baby isn't due until September, so likely the shower will be in the summer, which makes outdoor a possibility. Would love your ideas!

Thanks!
Lauren

Re: baby shower locations?

• Cafe Magnolia, JoJo's Pizza (I've never been there but people have posted pics and they have a really cute exposed brick wall in their private upstairs room)
  • My bridal shower was at Events, Etc. in Hershey - it's across the street from the Hershey Pantry and is their catering side of things.  The space is really lovely and the food (obviously, if you've ever had a meal at the Hershey Pantry!) is fantastic.
  • Loading the player...
  • As soon as I read your post, I immediately thought of the same place as the previous poster....Events, Etc. in Hershey.  I have attended and thrown both bridal and baby showers both big and small there and have had great experiences every single time.  The space is large enough for a large group, but can be divided into a smaller space for a smaller group.  The food is fantastic and the staff was wonderful to work with.  Good luck with the planning.
  • Ditto Cafe Magnolia... great food and a quaint location. 
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My MIL threw me a shower at The Hershey Pantry.  Events Etc was already booked that day so she had it on a Sunday around 2pm (after the Pantry closed for the day).  There was plenty of room for everyone (approx 30-35 people I believe) and the food was great!!  We are having my SIL's shower at What If in Hershey in June
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker} image
  • Thank you all! We're looking at What If, Hershey Pantry/Events Etc and Visaggio's as our top spots.

Is there any etiquette for whether baby shower's are supposed to be Saturday or Sunday? We had my bridal shower on a Saturday and a few people commented that we were "supposed" to have it on a Sunday because some people have to work on Saturdays??

Lauren

• No ettiquette that I'm aware of. I think it's all a matter of personal preference. I would have preferred my showers on a Saturday because that would have given me Sunday to organize our gifts. My family prefers Sunday because that gives them Saturday to cook (my shower was at my parents' house.)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"