Rhode Island Babies

OB recommendation

I am 8 weeks pregnant and looking for an OB in Providence. I heard great things about Dr. Wiggins but wasn't happy with the office. It was too hard to get an appointment and I was always on hold. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Re: OB recommendation

• I cannot say enough about Dr. Woodruff and Caring for Women in Warwick.  I know it's not PVD, but if you have the transportation, it's worth it in my book.  
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I am 7 weeks pregnant and Dr. Laina Crowthers is my OB and she's great.  She's located at Broadway OB-GYN at 695 Eddy Street, which is affiliated with Women & Infants.
  • Loading the player...
  • I was first at Caring for Women in Warwick and had a few terrible experiences, would not recommend them.  Now I am at Centers for OBGYN on Promenade Street in Providence and everyone is great there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I go to center for OBGYN on promenade in Prov.  That is where Dr. Wiggins is I see Dr. Salak.  They are both great.  I agree that they keep you on hold too long when you call but once you get in there they are great!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I also had a bad experience with caring for women.  All I have to say is that the doctor I saw there lost his medical license.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I go to Dr Wiggins at Center for OBGYN too.  I agree that being put on hold is annoying, but it's never been bad enough to really bother me.  As for getting appointments, if you see a midwife instead of seeing the doctor every time, it's WAY easier to get appointments.  I love the whole staff there so much, and I've never had any reason to complain about anything there.  Incidentally, I just learned that Dr Wiggins is cutting one more day out of her "seeing patients" schedule, so she will now only have patient appointments 2 days a week - so getting appointments with her is about to get even more difficult.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love mine, Dr David Beitle in Prov. right on Eddy Street. He's a one man operation, 1 RN, 1 Med Asst and a PT receptionist, and the Untrasound Techs come over from Woman and Infants. He uses the same 2. They are all most excellent, not a long waiting room wait, great bedside manner, AWESOME surgeon (i had to have an unscheduled C Section) and never have a problem getting an accomodating appt.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers imagePrince Spaghetti Night imageXO My Funny Valentine XO
  • i love center for obgyn, they are so nice and have always been able to see me super quick when i have been worried, even when i have just walked in without an appt

caring for women was not good, i went there when i was pregnant with my first daughter. they never remembered me, they didnt know my daughter was breech until i went into labor, and they would never call me back when i called the emergency number after hours

hope that helps! 

• Broadway OB/GYN on Eddy St.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Broadway OBGYN is great.  You will meet all of the doctors throughout your pregnancy.  I am TTC now and am so happy that Broadway OBGYN is my office.  Its clean and they have other locations where the doctors rotate in and out of.  You will be happy there!
  • Thats where I am too I am seeing dr. st aubin...theyre great there!
  • im at center of obgyn on promenade...love it there!
  • Dr Woodruff is my OBGYN and I love her!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"