Phoenix Babies
Options

Any moms out there that haven't had an epidural?

Hello,

I'm 15 weeks pregnant and thinking about not getting an epidural.  Most of the mothersI have spoken to that have had a baby recently have had epidurals, so I'm having a hard time getting a current opinion on the subject.  I want to know the best way to prepare/what classes to take to avoid getting an epidural.  Any advice?

Thanks!

Laura

Re: Any moms out there that haven't had an epidural?

• Options
    Only thing I can direct you to is on the bump page they have a natural birth board. I'm sure you will get plenty of info there :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

hey congrats!!! :) i've had experiences with both an epidural and no epidural. I must say that after having a non-epi birth, I will never go back to getting an epi. I felt a 100% better in every way shape and form before, during and after birth when I elected to NOT have an epi.

My advice for best way to prepare is to first and foremost have a Dr. who supports your decision. My first Dr. told me I'm setting myself up for failure when I told him I didn't want an epi. I decided to see a midwife the 2nd time around. I also had a doula with me during birth. She was amazing!!!  You have to mentally prepare yourself ahead of time that you don't want the epidural and keep reminding yourself WHY you don't want an epidural. 

Are there any specific questions I can answer for you? 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We are TTC right now. We have had the discussion on a natural birth. I had to have two spinal taps done in the last year. After that experience and then reading about how even though it is said that the epidural does not affect the baby I have decided that I would not have an epidural. I want the experience to be unaffected by medications. We are actually looking at a birthing center instead of a hospital. There are a lot of different things to consider. I have been looking for a new OB/GYN to find one that supports a natural birth.

I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy!

"You know you're in love when you don't want to fall asleep because your reality is finally better than your dreams." ~ Dr. Seuss
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"