3rd Trimester
Options

Am I the only one hoping they go past their due date?

If I go past my due date DH will be able to take more time off.  I will also be done with my student teaching.  My family would be able to come and visit me. 

I think I might be crazy.  I just remember how uncomfortable I was at the end. 

Re: Am I the only one hoping they go past their due date?

• Options
    I'm hoping to go one day past my due date.  It's because I want to prove all the doctors wrong that told me I was going to have this baby at 22 weeks!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'd rather go late than early because I have stuff scheduled that has to get done right up until 2 days before my due date.  Kiddo came at 39weeks6days so we'll see!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageMarcy248:
    I'm hoping to go one day past my due date.  It's because I want to prove all the doctors wrong that told me I was going to have this baby at 22 weeks!

You go girl! Hold that baby in!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Im Hoping to go over my due date but only by 2 days. My DH Works away 2 weeks on 2 weeks off shift pattern, im due the 7th and hes due home the 9th. he could apply for early leave but then if i go over it means he will be back at work pretty soon after baby is born so were concidering risking it an not getting the early leave and applying for longer leave so he has time to bond with his daughter befor he has to go back to work. i went over by 11 days with DS so fingers crossed the plan works :)
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

I wanted to go past my due date with my first. I felt great and it would've worked out beautifully with maternity leave. Alas, he came three weeks early.

With this one, I'd be happy to hit May 1, which is 38 weeks. It's a pipe dream, but a girl can still dream, right? I'd happily take the aches and misery of 40 weeks if it meant a healthy, full term baby who came home with me from the hospital.

G: 08-02-06 ~ D: 02-21-09 ~ Z: 04-16-11
  • Options

looks like you aren't alone...

Personally I'd like to go anywhere from a week before my due date to my due date but no later than my due date. DH has to relocate and we have to move from MA to TX before June. 

• Options

I am!  I may also be crazy, but I'm done nursing school May 6, and I'm due May 3.  If the baby could just hold out till the 7th I will be one relieved lady! 

I'm already paranoid clinicals are going to put me into labor with the lifting and standing all day.  The good thing is I just have to walk right down the hall to L&D, but I'd love to hold out until I'm finished.

• Options

With DS, I wanted him to stay in as long as he could. We were selling our house, renovating the new one and I had a ton of work to finish for my business. I needed as much time as he was willing to give us. I would wake up in the morning and say "ok not today honey, they're tiling the bathroom." He stayed in 2 extra days for us, I was grateful. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagepigtails1031:

imageMarcy248:

You go girl! Hold that baby in!

Thanks!  I've been keeping my legs crossed extra tight - looks like it's working! 

• Options
    There are a few reasons I would like to go a few days past... one just being I like June's birthstone better than May's.  XD  My cousins are also pulling for me to wait until June so that they'll be out of school when he comes.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Not me! Once he hits full term, he's welcome any time. Smile
  • Options
    I'm hoping to make it exactly to my due date.  DH is a Marine and will be teaching a training class up until the day I'm due.  If I make it he'll be able to take all his paternity leave right away. 
  • Options
    You aren't alone but I think in the minority ;) I don't want to go a single day past my due date.
  • Options

I did up until last week...we didn't know when we were moving, but we got in our house last week and so now I'm OK with her coming any time.  DH keeps giving her a pep talk to enjoy my nice comfy uterus, but I really hope this is the first of many times she doesn't listen to him haha!!!  I'm ready to be done with work now, so if that means that she will be here, I'll take it!

image April 2, 2011 Exclusive Pumping Facebook Group http://www.facebook.com/groups/113592028761826/ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I wouldn't mind it. Although, this is assuming I'm not totally miserable and worthless as I assume I'm going to be. My house is already a mess and I have been having trouble keeping up with my dog.  I don't want too many more weeks of this!

• Options
    DH has a huge deadline at work the day after my due date, one which he has to show for, no matter what, even if he's on paternity leave, and which determines whether or not he gets promoted this year. I'd really like him to be able to focus on that and have LO come a few days late so DH can fully "relax" and enjoy the experience of bringing home our first LO.
  • Options
    I hope to be a week late like I was with DS. DH is super busy at work right now, so that would be better for him. Plus, this may sound silly, my Grandma has 28 great grandkids (we are all very close!) and no one is born in April. I want to give her an April baby. Plus we have a bazillion feet of snow right now, I want it GONE!
    Like giveaways? Like my blog!
    www.facebook.com/TryVermontFirst
    I love these two beautiful children!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I would prefer to go past my due date so I don't share a birthday with LO.
  • Options
    Not me, but I'm settling into the possibility.

Married 12/8/07 | Sleeve Gastrectomy 10/19/09
    BFP#1 DD born 3/9/11 | BFP#4 DD born 9/20/13
    BFP#2 6/21/12, M/C at 5w2d | BFP#3 11/27/12, M/C at 6w6d
  • Options

Up until about a week ago, I wanted LO to come late so I could finish teaching the quarter at school and not coming back at the end of the year.  At this point, I think my few weeks ago self was crazy, he can come any time after Sunday (37 weeks).

• Options
    I am hoping for ten days early again this time around...definitely DO NOT want to go past my EDD...I am already miserable and huge...I can only imagine what I will feel like 13w from now... 

Jacob Alexander 7/23/09
    Allergic to Dairy, Eggs and Peanuts Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Jameson Adam 6/1/11
    Allergic to Peas...so far Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have a scheduled induction April 4th if LO hasnt come by then..and id like her to stay in until then!!  We dont have any family here and they are all coming that weekend before my scheduled induction...hopefully this baby got the memo!! Wink
  • Options
    I would like to have the baby either a week before or a week after lol.  We are moving to the unit upstairs around the time the baby is supposed to be born so it would be nice to be either at our old place or kind of settled in our new place..not in between.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    With DD I wanted to go past my due date and I did by 10 days.  This time, not so much...I would be happy to go a little early.
  • Options
    I want this baby to come sooner than later, but I begged my DD to stay until a week after my due date. I was in school, and she was due the weekend before my finals. She stuck around, I finished my last final, and she came a few days later (9days past my due date)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    At first I wanted to have my baby as soon as I could but now that we have a lot of stuff going on I don't care about going past my due date.  I have 2 grandparents that are very sick (one in the hospital and one getting surgery a week before my due date) and we have been in the process of redoing our basement and that's not finished yet so I'm ok with still being pregnant right now.
  • Options

I want to go three days past. DH has finals the full week after I'm due and finals reviews the week of my due date. I'm due on Wednesday and I would love to go into labor either Friday or Saturday. That way he'll be able to go back to school for his finals on Monday.

I might even talk to the doctor about getting induced. Embarrassed I just don't want him to miss any of his finals.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Options

The other day I was having the worst senioritis and was just ready for maternity leave to begin. Then I realized that every day I work, it's another $200. I am back again to baby can come when baby is ready! My DH and mom both think his arrival will be between 40-41 weeks, so March 22-29. But the average for 1st time moms is 41 weeks, 3 days which is April Fools Day. :)

But I don't want to get stressed about a possible battle my ob/mw practice over induction, so I still kind prefer that he shows up before anyone has to mention the word induction.

Our active toddler: Born March 14, 2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Excited for version 2.0: BFP- 10/8/12 EDD: June 21, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageVTbride05:
    I hope to be a week late like I was with DS. DH is super busy at work right now, so that would be better for him. Plus, this may sound silly, my Grandma has 28 great grandkids (we are all very close!) and no one is born in April. I want to give her an April baby. Plus we have a bazillion feet of snow right now, I want it GONE!

Up until last March my grandmother had 7 children, 9 grandkids and 13 great grandkids and not no one was born in March (my Grandmother's bday is March 17) until great grandchild came along and was born on her birthday.  She was one happy great grandma Smile

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    No way. I am getting so anxious I can hardly stand another minute. I have enjoyed being pregnant but I am so done!
  • Options
    I'd rather be late than early.  I'm due May 19th, but I'm starting maternity leave on the 16th, so as long as he waits until then, I'm good.  That way I only miss finals week with my students (which means I'll have taught them everything already), but if he were to wait, say a week, I wouldn't complain, since I'm still responsible for getting final grades done.  And they're due the 24th.
  • Options

Nope.  I would rather go past the Estimated due date... Since, it really is just that.  Little man will let me know when he is ready.  I believe too much emphasis is put on clinical definitions. 

Best of luck to you!

• Options
    I am hoping for 6 days late! That would put her birthday on Star Wars day! ;-) Seriously, I would prefer a May baby though. Nothing against april babies but I have several relatives born in april and they all want me to deliver on their birthdays. No one has a bday in May so I am hoping she will hold out until may!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"