School-Aged Children

When does camp info come out in your area?

Ours all came out this week.  I feel like it's late in comparison to other areas, but seriously, it's only March and I'm planning for August already?! 

How much say do your kids have in their summer programs?  I'm trying to find things both of my kids will like since they can attend the same camps finally.  I hope they like them (including the reading and math camps I'm sending them too Cool lol).

DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12

Re: When does camp info come out in your area?

• Anywhere from January-March. DS really doesn't have too much say because he has to go where 1. we can afford and 2. convenient location 3. times. With that in mind though, I do try to find one that he will like - sports, trips, etc. We've been lucky so far.
  • We got our packet via backpack express a few weeks ago.

My DD would sign up for a zillion camps as long as they're artsy or science-y.  This summer she wants to do an "invention" themed camp.I'm looking for a camp for my son during the same week, so that he's not bored out of his mind while she's out all day.  It's harder to find a camp for him.  He hasn't really developed his interests yet, other than pokemon and pretend play.   A camp where kids get together and play would be idea.  Maybe I'll just arrange some playdates instead?

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Loading the player...
  • I signed DS up for camp in early February. Feb 10th was the deadline.
  • A lot of camps around here start enrolling in January.  Most of the more popular ones are full by now.  My girls take a music camp that they've been going to for a few years.  I basically ask them what they'd like to do in the summer and then try to find a camp that fits.  Not always possible but I try. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"