Central Florida Babies

1st time Mom to be looking for Mom groups in Downtown Orlando

Hi Everyone,

I am a first time mom to be due in July. I am working full time and thinking of becoming a stay at home mom after baby.....still not sure. This is all very new to me and I really do not have any girfriends with children or anywhere on the way to having them :)

Was wondering if there are any mommy and me groups in the downtown area or even any new moms to be out there looking to start a group!!!

Excited for baby! - Jennifer

Re: 1st time Mom to be looking for Mom groups in Downtown Orlando

• Hi! I am also a first time mommy, but live closer to Disney.  I would love to start a group as I am also working full time and thinking about being a stay at home mom.  Maybe we could get more people and just go to dinner or lunch one day just to kind of break the ice and go from there?
  • First time mommy here, due in May. I'm in the Winter Garden/Windermere area.

I don't have the luxury of getting to be a stay at home mommy, so i'll be going back to work after my 6-12 week FMLA (likely 12 because i get to use my vacation time to pad the extra 30% that short term disability doesn't cover and i get 6 weeks vacation per year LOL)

I don't check the local board often because there's never anyone here, but shoot me an email if you guys want to get together or something. mcwhittaker@gmail.com

Just fair warning, even tho this is my first, i'm 40 years old. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi,

I am brand new to the area and am looking for other mommies to meet with. I live just outside the city off I-4, I'm not a new mom though, I have 2 babies a daughter 17 mos and a son 5mos. Shoot me an at ceb0405@yahoo.com 

Caroline :-) 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Hi I'm new to the area and think this is a great idea, I am closer to Disney as well.

Caroline :-)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Hello everyone,

Well I think i found a good board. I too am going to be a 1st time mother. I am due in August. Im excited scared the whole bit. I also am new to the area only recently having moved here and don't know anyone who has children. I live in the downtown area and would love to get to know you all and maybe even meet up..

Congratulations!!!

Holly

kamahele10@gmail.com 

• If we're all in the downtown Orlando to celebration area we could try and meet somewhere in the middle for lunch?

Millenia mall has a bunch of restaurants,  a Babies R us and a Motherhood store if anyone wants to make it a shopping/browsing event as well.

We could try for a luncheon Saturday 1/29 or 2/5?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I'd be open to that, 2/5 would work for me, my IL's are visiting on 1/29

ETA- what store does that Malll not have??? Yum to the CCF!!!! :-) 

• imagehapai2011:

Hello everyone,

Well I think i found a good board. I too am going to be a 1st time mother. I am due in August. Im excited scared the whole bit. I also am new to the area only recently having moved here and don't know anyone who has children. I live in the downtown area and would love to get to know you all and maybe even meet up..

Congratulations!!!

Holly

kamahele10@gmail.com 

Hi Holly! I'm new to the area as well. August is a great month for having a baby, but them I am partial I do have two August babes :-)

Caroline 

• im a first time mom my son turns one feb 3rd i live on lake underhill my mom office is by fashion sqaure mall maybe we can walk the mall with our kids one day
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hey Ladies!

I am so excited there are so many responses. I have not been on the site in a bit and did not see your responses. Not sure if you ladies ended up meeting today 2/5 but we should def pick a date/time to meet up soon. I am out of town this next coming weekend but maybe the weekend of the 2/19 or 2/20 if you ladies are free? They have a great farmers market sundays at Lake Eola and a few places to grab a bite to eat and walk around the lake if that works. My email is jennifer.turner8282@gmail.com. Let me know if you ladies want me to organize a time/place to meet. Excited to meet some new 1st time moms!

Jenn

• Jenn, I just emailed you. I am also very interested in meeting everyone, however, my shower is that weekend of the 19th. Everyone please keep me in the loop of any future meet-ups. I think the farmers market is great centralized location and Lake Eola is just beautiful on Sundays ;)

Thanks!

IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi! I just saw this post and emailed you guys! :-)

Congrats to the new mommies! :-)

• Hi Caroline, 

I am sorry i haven't gotten back sooner... I know there was a meet up last month i was unfortunately unavailable.

I would love to try again to meet you  and other local mammas... Any interest in meeting up for lunch or dinner later  this month??

Holly 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"