Preemies
Options

**ssg73** **ruthiewith**

Hello MA ladies! 

I saw that ssg73's NICU was at the Brigham. Ruthie- where did you go? 

How are/have been your experiences been with your NICUs? Seems like MA is the only place that charges for parking at the NICU... ugh! 

Currently my LO is at Tufts and they will transfer him to MetroWest Hospital when he gets a bit bigger. Which would be great because I live in Framingham and the hospital is like 5 mins. from me.  

Re: **ssg73** **ruthiewith**

• Options

Hi there!  I'm at the Brigham as well.  :-)  DS1 was a preemie too and we were at Women and Infants in Providence for his NICU stay.  I knew I'd be considered high risk after DS1, so I got my care through the Brigham's maternal fetal department this pregnancy.  Turned out it was the right place to get care for DS2 since he came early as well!  The parking situation is a drag - we live in Attleboro, so it's a haul driving that far every day, not to mention expensive with all of the gas.  I take Thursdays off and DH takes two days a week off, so we each get a little break.  My experience so far has been good with the NICU, it's a little less hectic since we moved to a different bay with older babies who are "feeding and growing," as they say.  We'll probably be there until early April, so we've still got a ways to go. That's awesome you'll be able to transfer closer to you, so much less stress! How's your experience been so far?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

We loved the Brigham.  We could have moved to Newton Wellesley but chose to stay since we were so happy with our care.  It was not that bad of a haul so we thought it would be easier to stay of course we were there alot longer that we thought (after our due date) but we are glad we stayed.  One of the reasons that we didn't move was that we would have had to pay the same parking at NWH so other than a 20 minute ride it was the same.  We loved our primary nurses and are still in touch with many of them.

mrsV719 I have a friend who had a preemie who lives in framingham (he is in first grade now) and was at both Beth Isreal and Children's (he had a really rough go of it) and eventually moved him to Metrowest I believe and were very happy with it.  It was brand new at the time.

ruthiewith Wow what a drive you have.  That must be rough.  The parking situation stinks we just ended up valet parking most of the time.  It ended up being only a few dollars more if we stayed all day (which we did) and it was just so much easier.  We were actually at the nicu last monday.  I would have said hi if I had known you were there.  Who are your primary nurses.  Our day primary was Traci Q but we were close to many of the other nurses (I guess that is what happens when you are there all day for 69 days oh and we brought lots of food!).  Our night primaries were Jan, Marilyn and Jodi.  Traci mentioned when I saw her last week that she just picked up a 29 weeker who was in the intermediate nursery?  Could that be you son????

Hope you guys have quick nicu stays and perhaps when you are home and rsv season is over we can get together.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I met with the MFM teams at both Women and Infants and Brigham.. W&I is much closer to home, but my MFM consulted with one of the attendings at Brigham. I'm from the south shore and couldn't deal with that commute! It would be like driving to work all over again. 
  • Options

ssg73 - That's really funny!  Traci is our day primary (I assume it's the same Traci, although I don't know how ours spells her name) and our night primary is Kathy.  My son moved to the intermediate nursery a couple of weeks ago.  He's in D bay.  All of the nurses have been great so far, he's had Pat and Julie a lot during the day as well.  :-)  Yeah, I love the valet too.  Especially on the nasty and cold days. My DH and I have started to hit the wall a bit.  All of the initial craziness has leveled out and we're finally starting to feel the exhaustion!  It's hard to keep up the insane pace after awhile.

shanlubey - Yeah, it stinks.  W&I is only 15 minutes away, but my insurance doesn't cover out of state providers. I was only able to deliver there because it was the closest hospital with a NICU and my first delivery was an emergency.  :-(  I had a very positive experience there and would have returned there if I could.   

• Options

I am anxiously awaiting the phone call telling us the verdict on moving him to Metrowest today... *tick tock tick tock* :)

Ruthie- I am with you on the "hitting the wall"... it has only been a few weeks... but the dust is starting to settle... and it's really hitting us now what we just went through. DH is literally sick to his stomach right now b/c he can finally sit down and breathe... and he realized that he hasn't been eating well and/or not eating at all. He also hasn't slept in 2 days. We both break down at any moment and its been such a whirlwind. I am hoping that having Tyler here in Framingham will ease everything. 

I agree with SSG73 when she said "Hope you guys have quick nicu stays and perhaps when you are home and rsv season is over we can get together."

• Options
    imageruthiewith:

ssg73 - That's really funny!  Traci is our day primary (I assume it's the same Traci, although I don't know how ours spells her name) and our night primary is Kathy.  My son moved to the intermediate nursery a couple of weeks ago.  He's in D bay.  All of the nurses have been great so far, he's had Pat and Julie a lot during the day as well.  :-)  Yeah, I love the valet too.  Especially on the nasty and cold days. My DH and I have started to hit the wall a bit.  All of the initial craziness has leveled out and we're finally starting to feel the exhaustion!  It's hard to keep up the insane pace after awhile.

Ruthie tell Traci we say Hi!  That is so funny! We love Traci she was so great I don't know how we would have gotten through our 69 day stay without her!

• Options

I definitely will say hi!  In fact, I'm heading into Boston in a couple of hours. I checked the blue card on Elliot's isolette and it is "Traci Q." so same person.  :-D She IS fantastic - very nice and always willing to help and listen.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"