New Jersey Babies
Options

Can you recommend your OB/GYN in Hackensack (Bergen County) Area?

We just found out we are preganant (yay!) only to find out that my current OB/GYN no longer accepts our Insurance! I am looking for recommendations for a doctor affiliated with Hackensack University medical center as we live around the corner. If you know they accept Aetna that is a huge plus!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Can you recommend your OB/GYN in Hackensack (Bergen County) Area?

• Options

Not sure if they accept Aetna - but there is a group of 4 doctors in the Medical Building --- 

Gerardis, Silva, Kopp, and Schwarz

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Bergen OB/gyn dr clacko They do accept aetna.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagefunkyfrog:

Not sure if they accept Aetna - but there is a group of 4 doctors in the Medical Building --- 

Gerardis, Silva, Kopp, and Schwarz

I second this group...so far so good for me!

• Options
    Thanks for the recommendations, unfortunately this is where I was going :-( none of them take Aetna and I loved Dr. Silva-Karz.

• Options
    Thanks! I'll give them a call!

• Options
    Dr. Robert Gallo...he delivered both my kids...he is wonderful!
    Andrew 4 Ellie 3 and Maggie 4 months!
  • Options

imageACTECT3:
    Dr. Robert Gallo...he delivered both my kids...he is wonderful!

This is my OB as well (LOVE him!!), but I don't think he accepts Aetna. Our insurance changed to Aetna last year when I first got pg and he didn't accept it...luckily we switched back to BCBS so he was able to deliver DD as well.

While I was on Aetna though, I did go to Dr. Clacko and Dr. Cho...they were pretty good, however, I was glad to be able to go back to Dr. Gallo!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thanks for the recommendations, Dr. Gallo isn't part of Aetna :( either is Clacko or Cho. So frustrating! I always thought I had good medical insurance but now am starting wonder, no one seems to take Aetna anymore!

I just made an appointment with Dr. Robin Levat in Hackensack, I really hope I like her, its a bit scary going to someone new that I know nothing about.

• Options
    Dr. Robin Levat in Hackensack 120 Prospect Ave a block from the hospital and yes they accept Aetna...shes excellent and may have a long wait so you may have to see Michelle who is the nurse practitioner in the meantime but periodically you'll see Dr. Levat and at your 3rd trimester you'll see her every visit. 
  • Options
    Thanks! So glad to hear a good recommendation about Dr. Levat. I have an appt w/ Michelle next wednesday. My husband is a bit worried that we aren't seeing the doctor right away but from what I am reading on these boards it seems to be normal.

• Options

I currently go to Dr. Clacko and he does take Aetna.  Was just there 3 weeks ago with my aetna insurance and they take it.  Not sure why others are saying he doesn't take it????  Dr's Schwarz, Kopp, Gerardis, Silva and Gallo are all call coverage for Clacko.  So I am assuming they also would take the same coverage that Clacko does. 

• Options
    Dr's Schwarz, Kopp, Gerardis, Silva stopped taking Aetna in Jan. 2011. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"